All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What is the best daily skin care system?

I got a microdermabrasion facial a few months ago and I loved it! I plan to keep getting them but are there products I can use at home that can make my skin feel as clean and fresh as this?
Poster

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
"Microdermabrasion with products to use at home."...if your objective is to keep you face feeling fresh, then you want to use an over the counter glycolic or salycilic wash daily. Also use a good water based moisturizer and gentle cleanser or scrub. this will give you that exfoliated feel you were looking for. GOOD LUCK! Dr Nick
Nicolas Colorado
There is no question that using sunscreen 30+ every single day plus a retinoid, such as prescription Retin-A, each night is the best fundamental at home skin care regimen for getting and maintaining great skin. Incorporating vitamin C, glycolic acid, and possibly other ingredients like growth factors would also help.
An article appeared several years ago that compared 'at home' microdermabrasions with those done at spas and concluded the results were pretty much equal. Two of the home systems tested were from Neutrogena,and Olay. The cost was around $30 per treatment. Most of the major skin care companies have suitable substitutions and will probably work well, however the spa pampering and atmosphere will be missing. For over the counter skin care I often suggest a mild cleanser, a rejuvenator (such as retinol, gluconolactone or vitamin c serum) and a moisturizer with a broad spectrum sunscreen (spf 30 or more). Medical regimens can be much more detailed and diet, plenty of sleep and supplements to combat oxidative stress are very important.
James T. Sandwich
A prescription topical retinoid product such as Retin-A or Renova will help provide continued rejuvenation for your face. It is also important to use sunscreen every morning.
We offer different regimens depending on your skin type and any problems you want to address. We offer free skin care consultations with our registered nurses that includes uv photos with our VISIA complexion analysis system. The information we receive from the analysis parameters helps the nurse evaluate which skin care products are best for you. We offer Obagi products and also our own private line, Boccage, which is a great product line that our patients are very happy with. You should always wear a sunscreen at least SPF 50 or above, and using Vitamin C daily, along with some type of Retinol product. If you live in the area please phone us for a free skin care consultation.
Every morning apply a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to your face, neck and chest. (Neutrogena , Olay, Aveeno are good over the counter options). At night, if you can tolerate try a retinol (Neutrogena, ROC) or a glycolic acid moisturizer. If you don't get the results you want, see a dermatologist who can give you a prescription retinoid or a stonger glycolic product.
Mary Ann Martinez
I really recommend a great sunscreen that you love each morning such as neutrogena healthy skin or Elta 46 clear(if oily) or Elta 30 lotoon(if dry). In the evening you should use a prescription strength tretinoin(retin A) as tolerated. Beyond that some patients will benefit from antioxidants such as vitamin c for anti aging benefits.
Mary Dobson
Of course protect in the morning with a moisturizer/sunscreen and use a topical retinoid[I prefer tretinoin Rx or a retinol otc] at least every other night. The next step would be to buy a Clarisonic ultrasonic skin machine to use once a day. You will love the feel of your skin after using this moderately expensive device. Lastly, why not repeat the microderm every few months.
Alan Semion
you will want to start on a system of hydration, exfoliation, and protection. there are many system that you can purcahase. higher end products are usually at a doctors office. we carry SkinMedica products that are physician dispensed.