All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with genital warts and was told I would have to have a c section. I'm kind of scared this is my first time been pregnant what should I do? Is there anything I could do to cure the warts?

My symptoms are bumps, sores that irritates thru out day
Poster
  • 23 years old
  • Ethnicity: African American/Black
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No
  • Hospitalizations: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer
Is there any other reason that you OB wants to do a C/Section to deliver your baby? Warts are not an indication. They aren't a risk for your baby in the way that active herpes contact would be avoided. Warts surely don't look nice, but are of no danger to you. many women experience growth of their warts during pregnancy from a mild reduced immune system. They can be removed later in your doctor's office.
2 UpVoted this answer
Hi, some warts are treatable, but you need to check with your obgyn if you have one. If not have the warts checked to see what kind they are. Because you are having a possie c-Section your baby should be okay.

Best,

Dr. Catherine
Catherine Miller
1 UpVoted this answer
Extensive warts can bleed a lot if torn during a delivery therefore the recommendation for a c-section. Also if the warts extend up into the vagina there is some concern about the baby getting them in his throat. The warts can be removed surgically or with laser depending on the extent of them, but they generally get better spontaneously after delivery. You can always get a second opinion if desired.
Kenneth W. Crabb
1 UpVoted this answer
Some providers recommend cesarean sections for any vaginal lesion that may be transmitted sexually during birth. This is especially true of Herpes Simplex vaginal infections that occur during the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. However, the evidence does not support a cesarean for everyone with genital warts. The size, location, and severity of your warts may affect your provider's decision to recommend a primary cesarean section for this condition. If you are uncomfortable with this recommendation, perhaps you should have a conversation with your health care provider about their reasons for this method of delivery. Good luck with your upcoming delivery!
UNT Nurse Midwives
Gental warts aren't necessarily cause for a c-section, unless the are so large that they obstruct the vaginal opening. When you are not pregnant anymore, look into laser ablation of the warts. Unfortunately, the virus will always be in you and could recur.
Charles B. Palmer
You do not have to have a c-section. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology has specifically stated that women with genital warts can deliver vaginally. With regard to treating your warts there are several options I would advise you to complete the Gardisil vaccine series, and to consider either topical compounds that any physician can prescribe and/or surgical excision.
Outside my area of knowledge. The warts could have freezing treatment but may not be acceptable to you obstetrician
David Resneck-Sannes