All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

How to cure genital warts and pain while 39 weeks pregnant?

My symptoms are bumps, sores that are very painful...
Poster
  • 23 years old
  • Ethnicity: African American/Black
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 154lbs
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: BV infection
  • Hospitalizations: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
your doctor can apply a solution called trichlor acetic acid to the words to make them disappear. This does cause some irritation and burning up the site temporarily.
Jack Tubbs
I meant that an over the counter freeze is NOT a good idea unless it can be done by a professional.
Kimberly Kalfas
I agree with Dr. Tanya about seeing your gynecologist and making sure you do not have a different infection to make sure the baby is safe, and it sounds like you are already getting a blood test. I do not think an over the counter freeze is a good idea due to location, you should definitely have a professional remove them. If they are mostly external on your labia or anus, I do not think removing them will be difficult at this stage of your pregnancy.

After you have your baby, I would consider looking for anti-viral foods and herbs as part of your diet, as long as they are safe for breastfeeding, as warts are caused by a virus. If your doctor told you that you don't have warts, and that it is bacterial vaginosis, then I would look being treated conventionally, as well as looking at local therapies that change vaginal pH. Foods that you eat can also change vaginal pH, which makes it hard for the bacteria to grow and can be complementary to the medication your doctor gives you to prevent a recurrence.
Kimberly Kalfas
Tri Chloro Acetic acid - applied directly to the warts will remove them and decrease the pain almost immediately.

Your doctor can do in the office. Take a pain med (NSAID) before the procedure.
Thanks for information but I was told I had genital warts by doctor at hospital but I went to see my ob/gyn today and was told that its not warts I had bv infection that wasn't been treated to cause me break out so I got blood took today and will know for sure tomorrow what it is...
Poster
There is no cure for genital warts. However they can be treated with surgical excision or topical compounds
Generally local use of carbon dioxide snow is helpful. It kills the virus and those warts then fall off. The snow is not available over the counter and mostly a Primary Care Physician or a Dermatologist should be contacted.
Jamil Hussain
Unfortunately this will be difficult to treat at this stage of your pregnancy. I question whether these are genital warts. Generally they are not painful. Does your ob doctor know you have these? When you mention they are painful I am concerned for another kind of infection that could pose a risk during vaginal delivery. I would recommend you see your physician right away.if these are genital warts they can be treated in many ways, but all require the help of your physician, including cream, freezing, laser treatments, or a topical medication the doctor can put on them.
Tanya Williams