All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What's happening to me?

Every once and a while (actually occur more often as of recently) I yawn and all of a sudden I can't breath. I feel like my chest is caving in and muscles all over my body start to cramp. Most of the time it's only my left arm, shoulder and neck. The other day, I had an episode like no other my whole body seized up! From neck to toe. I'm starting to get worried. It hurts so unbelievably bad. What's wrong with me?
Poster
  • Male | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: Zero
  • Conditions: Zero

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
agree with the doctor who wants you to head straight to ER, because heart attack could cause yawning through vasovagal effect of severe chest pain. My problem with that is that you are just 20 years old. I would need a history of familial hypercholesterolemia or adolescent hypertrophic aortic stenosis to lean heavily on that diagnosis.

The localization of the associated chest pain to your left arm and shoulder is strongly in favor of some form of heart attack. The severe chest pain causes excessive baroreceptor reflex release of acetyl choline which causes capillary vasodilation with reduced venous return to the heart.

The resultant low cardiac output briefly leads to inadequate brain perfusion (also affecting the hypothalamic respiratory center), causing a brief apnea (cessation of breathing). But low oxygen supply to the brain quickly increases the partial pressure of of carbon dioxide in cerebral circulation, to the point of overeiding the apneic effect of low oxygen pressure, and reactivation of the respiratory center. If the oxygenation of the brain is not quickly restored, low oxygen pressure ultimately depresses the respiration beyond recovery.

All of this happens between 60 and 180 seconds, which is the time needed to get a heart attack patient into ER for survival.
I agree with the doctor who wants you to head straight to ER, because heart attack could cause yawning through vasovagal effect of severe chest pain. My problem with that is that you are just 20 years old. I would need a history of familial hypercholesterolemia or adolescent hypertrophic aortic stenosis to lean heavily on that diagnosis.

The localization of the associated chest pain to your left arm and shoulder is strongly in favor of some of heart attack. The severe chest pain causes excessive baroreceptor reflex release of acetyl choline which causes capillary vasodilation with reduced venous return to the heart.

The resultant low cardiac output briefly leads to inadequate brain perfusion (also affecting the hypothalamic respiratory center), causing a brief apnea (cessation of breathing). But low oxygen supply to the break quickly increases the partial pressure of of carbon dioxide in cerebral circulation, to the point of overeiding the apneic of low oxygen pressure, and reactivation the respiratory center. If the oxygenation of the brain is not quickly restored, low oxygen pressure ultimate depresses the respiration beyond recovery.

All of this happens between 60 and 180 seconds, which is the time needed to get a heart attack patient into ER for survival.
go to the emergency room to rule out cardiovascular compromise, then lung issues. Lastly could be a rib subluxation, but the pain you describe points more to the former 2 possibilities.

But you must rule out life and death scenarios.

www.discoverhealth.us