All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Congestion and pregnant

I have been feeling sick for about a week now and was wondering if there was any over the counter decongestion medicine that is safe to take when pregnant.
Poster
  • Female | 29 years old
  • Complaint duration: 5 days
  • Conditions: Pregnant

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
me and my boyfriend had sex and i took the plan b pill and i was woreding if i can still get pregnant
Poster
Zyrtec is best choice if you have to use something
Stefano Stella
You need to be a little more specific as to what part of your body feels congested, (?head, ?chest, ?abdomen, all of the above?) and whether or not you also have temperature, pain, etc. Without this additional information, it would be very difficult to come up with a satisfactory answer.
Zoltan Saary, MD
You did not state how far along you are in your pregnancy. We usually shy away from recommending anything in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy due to lack of data. We also do not like using medications with ibuprofen in them after 20 weeks. Having said that, I think most OB/Gyns would recommend using Tylenol, pseudofed and benadryl during pregnancy because all three compounds have been around a long time and used for a lot of years. Good luck.
As a rule, over-the-counter medications are safe. Overuse of some can raise your blood pressure, so use them as directed.
Maureen Fleming