All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Felt like I was going to pass out and started to fall over but caught myself... Etc. is this just anxiety?

Today I was sitting in class when i felt a random & abrupt feeling of fainting . I felt myself starting to fall over and I caught myself. After, my heart was pounding so hard it was hurting. I was shaking and felt out of it . All day long I haven't felt myself and I've felt weird like something isn't right. Sometimes I'll be laying down and my heart will feel like it skips a few beats and then goes normal. Every time I sit up from laying or sitting, I get extremely dizzy as well. I'm 16.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 20 days
  • Medications: Phentermine 37.5
  • Conditions: Anxiety

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

4 UpVoted this answer Gregory Fryer, MD Family Medicine, Clarksville
Thanks for your detailed history, which points to low blood pressure attacks (postural hypotension). The pounding of your heart is an attempt by your heart to pump more blood to your brain to prevent the fainting sensation and dizziness, due to low insufficient blood and oxygen supply to your brain.

Normally, the barorecptors in the blood vessels detect changes in the blood pressure and send reflex feedbacks to the hypothalamus in the brain, to increase or decrease circulating adrenaline which causes vascular constriction and squeezes out more blood from the peripheral microcirculation in the brain. When this reflex fails the blood pressure changes dramatically with with posture change.

Hypotension could result from acutell severe blood loss (internal or externsl), disrupted neural transmission (from demyelinating diseases like multiple sclerosis) or inadequate adrenaline production ( from adrenal failure, in addison's disease) or prescription medication side effects.

You need to see a doctor to figure out the possible cause of your syncopal attacks. The first step might be to lower the dosage of phentermine, whose side effects include hypertension, rapid heart beats, and dizziness. It is possible that phentermine induced hypertension triggers reflex hypotension leading to random episodes of sncopal attacks.
2 UpVoted this answer
need ECG and check your BP
Ousama Ghaibeh
1 UpVoted this answer
It sounds like you are dehydrated and need to drink 2 quarts of Gatoraid,to begin with.This raises the question,"Why are you so dehydrated?".Fever,vomiting,diarrhea,prolonged heat exposure,anemia,alcohol intake ( especially binge drinking )are a few of the most common causes of dehydration.A lot of people's hearts skip beats ,so I"m not too concerned about this,unless you get dizzy when your heart is doing a lot of skipping.Drink the Gatoraid today and see if all symptoms go away.If not,go to Student Health Center,let them check your blood pressure lying down and standing up and seek additional help if the diagnosis isn"t clear.GAll the best and good luck with your studies.
Bradford L Romans M D, P A