All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Baby

Hello Dr my name is Diamond I am 22 years old and me and my fiancé are trying to conceive like soon and when I was 19 I was diagnosed with p.c.o.s I started to eat right and work on my weight I don't want to get firtility treatment or have surgery. My question is do you think it would be safe to take a pill that would help me get pregnant? I've recently Lost weight and see if it would help and I now weight 170 . my cycles have came every month for 2 years now. Or do you have any other ideas?
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: P.C.O.S

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
I would recommend that for the time being you do nothing except have unprotected intercourse and take a prenatal vitamin daily for a year. If you are not pregnant after a year then you should be evaluated to see if you are ovulating and your fiance should have a semen analysis to make sure his sperm is normal. I am glad to hear that you have gotten your weight down to 170 lbs and that your cycles are monthly because that is a good sign. Good luck.
you're on the right track but you need to confirm if you ovulate and is the sperm count ok?
Stefano Stella
The generally recognized suggestion would be: continue your unprotected sexual activity with your fiance at least for six months. If still no pregnancy see your gyn. and have a complete infertility w/u, including TVS, Hysterogram and hormonal evaluation. A menstrual Record Chart is always a good idea! Your partner may need a complete sperm analysis as well. Good luck!
Zoltan Saary, MD
If you have regular cycles no need for treatment now. Try to get pregnant for one year time. If no pregnancy occurs during this period you and your husband should be investigated.
Walid Saghir
Acupuncture is a safe and effective way to regulate your cycle and assist you in getting pregnant. A qualified acupuncturist will have you track your monthly cycle including your peak fertility. The practitioner should be familiar P.C.O.S. and should be able to provide support for this condition. Typically, acupuncture treatments are weekly in an effort to follow you through the monthly cycle. Receiving acupuncture is not a "magic pill," and you can expect results to take 3, 6, 12, and in some cases 24 months before you become pregnant.