All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Blisters on my feet?

I have developed a minir blister on the bottom of one toe. After a few months I noticed I got several other small "blisters" that seemed to spread on the toe next to it. These blisters things are not filled with fluid. They seem to be tough skin. How do I get rid of this and what is it?
Poster
  • Female | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 58 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

I agree with the others. The lesions look like warts and should be treated by a Podiatrist or Dermatologist. If untreated they will only spread to more areas. They will not go away on their own or with over the counter medications.
Flavio Cordano
They appear to be warts. I would suggest seeing a podiatrist soon. Since they are spreading and have been there for 2 months over the counter meds will probably not work.
Jerald Askin
The "blisters" look like warts. Keeping your feet dry will help (using an anti-persiprant on your feet), but they should be treated by a podiatrist. Over the counter wart removers may be difficult because of the location where the 2nd and 3rd toes are touching each other.
Jacob Goldstein
Differential diagnosis could include tertiary tinea pedis or plantar warts (from picture). Based on discription I would go with tinea pedis and treat with hygiene - wash and dry feet daily, periodically was socks in hot water and no added detergent ( get rid of old detergent), topical anti fungal (Rx or OTC) and clean insides of shoe with spray, dry cloth or "steri light".

If there is discomfort with plantar to dorsal pressure and transverse pressure the forget the above and treat as plantar wart.

My opinion - no improvement see doctor.
Donald R Blum
Could be warts or a fungal infection
These could be warts or fungus infection (athletes foot). Is there pain or itching? Pain could be a verruca/wart. Itching could me athletes foot (fungual infeection of skin).

It would be best to see a podiatrist for treatment and evaluation.
Kelvin A. Barry
Agreement with my colleagues, verruca and/ or fungal. Go see a podiatrist for treatment.
Bonnie Lin
You may have warts, which are viral lesions, usually very easy to treat. Over the counter medication does not work as well on these as on warts on the fingers/hands. There is also a possibility you could have a fungal infection or some other type of skin lesions. It is usually very easy for a Podiatrist to determine the diagnosis, and offer several treatment options. These come up on their own, and either type of lesion can "spread." Moisture helps to result in their formation.
Richard Eby
I agree with my colleagues responses. These are warts. See your local podiatrist for further evaluation and treatment.
These appear to be warts which are a viral infection of the skin. The medical term for a wart is a verruca, or verrucae if there are more than one. There is typically nothing you did or failed to do that allowed these to occur. The viral infection is at the living deep layer of the skin called the dermis. The skin on the bottom of the foot is very thick since it is were we bear weight, so warts in this area of the body can sometimes be difficult to resolve with over-the-counter treatments. The terms "plantar warts" just refers to warts on the bottom of the foot, called the plantar surface. If nothing over-the-counter works, then go see a podiatrist to have them treated.