All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Extreme Weight Gain and Body Issues

In the past 2 months I have gained about 20 lbs and began suffering from body and face acne. I also have been experiencing fatigue, a "foggy" feeling, and hair loss that started a few months before the weight gain. I am a 25 year old female. My diet or daily routine have not changed at all and I have not started or stopped any new medications. What is going on with me??
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Complaint duration: 60 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 67.5
  • Weight: 152lbs
  • Medications: Lexapro, Vyvanse, Mirena IUD, Inderall, Iron Supplements
  • Conditions: Anxiety, ADHD, Anemia, Chronic headaches
  • Hospitalizations: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Given your constellation of symptoms: weight gain, hair loss, acne, fogginess, it would be worth your while to get a full physical evaluation from your provider including blood work. The assessment should include an evaluation of your thyroid, hormone levels and any autoimmune diseases. Because of the sudden and significant weight gain, your doctor should also rule out signs of any new diseases because of it, such as hypertension, diabetes, or elevated cholesterol. Without knowing how long you've been on your medications, Lexapro, which belongs to a group of antidepressants called SSRI's, can cause weight gain, fatigue, confusion, forgetfulness and may have a connection to acne with medication use or withdrawl. Hope this helps and I wish you the best of health. Be Well. --Dr. Sarge www.mimpc.com; wwwfacebook.com/monroviahealth
Since you have said nothing about your menstrual history, it might be safe to assume that you are not pregnant. Going by the history of hair loss and weight gain at your age, I would suspect polycystic ovarian syndrome. Your best bet will be be to see a gynecologist for a full workup. Only after a futile search for an organic cause of your weight gain will it be advisable to put you on a generic weight loss program. I wish you the best possible outcome.