All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

GYN won't do an ultra sound because I had one 13 months ago, should I try to find someone who will?

The last few months I've had dizziness, been light headed, had puking and nausea, hot and cold flashes, shaking, pain in my left ovary area, headaches, shoulder pain, and bad bloating.

I saw a gynecologist last month due to changes in the pain during my period and he completely dismissed it. My period has always been bad but not in the same way.I now have a fever of 101.1 when my normal temperature is 95-97. The pain feels more like a pinching in my cervix but I haven't started my period yet.
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 67.2
  • Weight: 165lbs
  • Medications: Lamotragine, Adderall, Stool softeners
  • Conditions: ADD
  • Hospitalizations: Depression, 3 suicide attempts as a teenager all the week before my period

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Ultrasound may not be the answer if a pelvic exam and blood work were done. Do you have endometriosis or have you ever had an STD? Have you known your gynecologist for a long time? If you feel dismissed, it may be time to get to know a new gynecologist.
Maureen Fleming
AT PRESENT,MOST APPROPRIATE DOCTOR IS INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTOR. MAY NEED TO BE IN HOSPITAL.

CALL ME IF U NEED MORE DETAIL 954-290-3461
Victor Shabanah
Yes, You need to be seen by a competent gyn. ASAP. The reason for that is that your history and complains are highly suggestive of a pelvic infection (possibly low grade!) so beside the exam. you would need various cultures taken with blood test to R/O certain transmittable infections as well! A pelvic sonogram (transvaginal) should be included in your gyn. evaluation!! Further will depend on the findings!!
Zoltan Saary, MD
It is hard to tell with this information. Did your GYN do a pelvic exam? If one was done and the doctor could feel your ovaries fine, then ultrasound may not be indicated (they cost about $400). Having said that, if you are unsatisfied with your care, you always have the right to consult with someone else.