All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Help!

I'm having a very intense feeling of pain on my right side underneath my breast, I'm also having trouble breathing/shortness of breath.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: Asthma, Depression

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Navi Ramdeen, DO Internal Medicine, Jamaica
Diseases that are chronic and might be recurrent such as asthma and depression need to be taken care and controlled. The number of problems that individuals can have is countless. Medical problems ought to be fully evaluated and multiple etiologies should be ruled out. You have a good asnwer by Dr. Hobdari, but you need close care by your primary care physician , so you don t loose time in an emergency situation and can solve your clinical situation early .
1 UpVoted this answer
Hope you are not short of breath now. Use your inhalers hope you have inhalers and go to nearest the ER unless you can see your doctor this AM. You will need a clinical assessment by a physician as well as diagnostic testing due to shortness of breath can be as simple as your asthma exacerbation or as complicated as a pulmonary embolism only a hands on physician will have to determine the right direction for your complaints .
LIndita Hobdari
My colleague, Dr. Corba, is right. A complaint of a localized chest pain that effects your breathing should be evaluated immediately. Very seldom will you find a localized complaint in asthma exacerbation. Pain under the right breast as you described could involve your rib cage, the muscles between the ribs, the pleura or lining of the lung, or the lung tissue itself. In any case, because it affects your breathing, you should seek help as soon as possible.

Be Well.

--Dr. Sarge www.mimpc.com

(877) 254-4496
Regardless of age, location or quality, persistent chest pain needs to be evaluated by a competent medical professional.
Robert Rozner
Some of the asthma medications you may be taking are known to have angina (chest ) pain and bronchial spasm (constriction) as some of their adverse reactions. So you need have your doctor review your asthma treatment, possible dosage adjustment or substitutions.
Any shortness of breath should be evaluated immediately by a medical professional. I would head to your nearest ER>
What Dr. Hobdari said! ;)
William Goodwin