All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Discoloration

My fingernails and toenails have this grey discoloration but goes away then comes back. It's not always like that it comes and go. Some information on me I'm 21 black female 199lbs I have anemia and a pseudotumor. I just want to know if it is something I have to worry about.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: Diamox
  • Conditions: Pseudotumor, anemia

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
No, as long as your anemia is under control, it is unlikely to be anything to worry about. The color is due to the blood flow in the skin underneath the nail, and the flow is constantly changing. This color change is completely normal and to be expected.

Best of luck!
The greying of your finger and to nails off and on may be related to your fluctuating hemoglobin level caused by anemia. What you see as grey nails in a black person would been seen as pale white nails in a white person. If the cause of your anemia has been diagnosed and your hemoglobin is stabilized with treatment, you should not be extra worried about your recurrent grey nails.
P r obably not unless it becomes continuous
Steven Cohn
That could indicate ischemia and should be evaluated in the office.
L Joseph Parker MD
Hello - it sounds like the combination of the anemia along with the blood shunting that can occur with psuedotumor cerebri would be the likely cause. Is this something to worry about? Yes and no - you DO need to know the reason for the anemia. Do you have Sickle Cell? That would certainly be something you need to manage carefully. If your anemia is well controlled, then the discoloration on its own would likely not warrant too much concern all on its own if there are no other symptoms. I can say, however, that you must absolutely lose weight. There are a number of therapeutic lifestyle changes that can help you. Please feel free to visit my website and schedule a phone consult. I will be happy to talk to you in depth about this.
William Goodwin