All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What might be causing my nausea and gassy feeling/bloating?

It came on suddenly yesterday. Started having trouble keeping things down and felt like I was gonna throw up, would've if there was anything to at the time, was kind of in an empty stomach. Since eaten a bit during the night and earlier in the day but the nausea keeps flaring up. Went to the bathroom for #2 once yesterday and today. Just recently I had a little diarrhea. Still don't feel well and have feeling of gas pushing up to my neck. Taken Extra strength anatcid a few times already and just
Poster
  • Male | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Geraldine McNamara, Naturopath-ND, BioMedical Researcher, HHP, Herbologist, C.hT, CNHC Naturopathic Practitioner, Daytona Beach
most likely gastroenteritis (probably viral, but if persists then stool samples for O&P and C/S should be considered).

Suggest symptom treatment for the short term with clear instructions to F/U if worsens or persists
Richard Gergovich Gergovich
1 UpVoted this answer Geraldine McNamara, Naturopath-ND, BioMedical Researcher, HHP, Herbologist, C.hT, CNHC Naturopathic Practitioner, Daytona Beach
Nausea is just an indication of your body not ready to accept the food you just ate. Throwing up is also an indication of the body wants to throw out such food which is not suited for the body at that time. It is best to drink a lot of water and make throwing up easier. After throwing up, sip water little by little. if still feeling unrest, you may suck some fresh lemon. What ever else you do, do not take any food or drink for at least 12 to 14 hours after this, That will complete all the repairs that needs to be done and you will feel fine. I know it is a little too late to advise, but even at this stage a fasting for 12 hours will do you a lot of good. Remember do not begin a fast after eating some thingv. Fasting begins when you miss a meal.
Arun Sharma
If it was sudden you ate the wrong thing something bad or poison that you can't process. The episode of diarrhea means body is trying to purge! It could also be stomach flu or possibly diverticulitis which means you need to go to the doctor if it do not subside in a couple of days

Stop setting only drink clear liquids, mineral water or apple juice diluted or clear broth for 24 hours to see if it gets better. Go get probiotics 50 billion units until subside. After you get a little better you should go on a cleanse to try to Alkalize and increase nutrient dense food to heal the colon
Hello,

I hope by now you are feeling better. Our offices were closed for a funeral. It sounds like maybe a viral, bacteria or possibly flu. In any case, I would say to stick to a liquid diet of simple lemon water (lemon is a natural detoxifier) and some electrolyte Popsicles or ice cubes for at least 12 hours. Stay away from sugars for a few days at least, as bad bacteria love to feed and grow off that. I would like to offer this idea. There are few electrolyte solutions without sugars other then what is needed for your electrolytes, you can get at a natural health food store. Alacer electrolytes (green box) is sold at Wal-Mart (or it used to be) if not, also sold at natural health food stores.

Popsicle / Ice cubes Recipe:

One Packet of Alacer Electrolyte Solution Powder

1 liter of Fiji or Evian Water (I use these two as they have the lowest acid content of any bottled water I have tested so far. - the lower acid level is less likely to upset your stomach and any gas issues you may have at this time.)

If you want to add raw lemon juice for flavoring that would be OK. Do not add sugar. Bad bacteria like to feed off that.

Mix well. Once completely dissolved, pour into ice cube trays. Once frozen you can suck on the ice cubes or if you can only handle ice chips, place cubes in a plastic bag and crush with a hammer :-) Very cave-man style but cheap and it works! LOL.

Again this idea should NOT take the place of meeting with your PCP or other health care official for a full evaluation. Especially if you are still ill at the time you read this :-)

Feel free to call my office for further ideas, help with locating an ND in your area or other questions you may have.

Hope this was helpful :-)
Sounds viral. If things don't continue to improve in 2-3 days would see your doctor.
James Hansen
It sounds like you are having mild food poisoning or gastroesophageal reflux. But the mild diarrhea points more to food poisoning. You probably also have a dull kind of headache. Bland liquid diet over a 24 hour period is usually enough to tide you over the short duration of the effects of mild food poisoning. Do not take any antidiarrheal medications, to ensure that residual toxins are flushed out. Beyond this, you must go to ER for full evaluation and treatment.
It sounds like you are having mild food poisoning or gastroesophageal reflux. But the mild diarrhea points more to food poisoning. You probably also have a dull kind of headache. Bland liquid diet over a 24 hour period is usually enough to tide you over the short duration of the effects of mild food poisoning. Do not take any antidiarrheal medications, to ensure that residual toxins are flushed out. Beyond this, you must go to ER for full evaluation and treatment.
It sounds like you are having mild food poisoning or gastroesophageal reflus. But the mild diarrhea points more to food poisoning. You probably also have a dull kind of headache. Bland liquid diet over a 24 hour period is usually enough to tide you over the short duration of the effects of mild food poisoning. Do not take any antidiarrheal medications, to ensure that residual toxins are flushed out. Beyond this, you must go to ER for full evaluation and treatment.
You have food born ilness, it is the result of eating contaminated, spoiled or toxic food, common symptoms : nausea, bloating, diarrhea and sometimes vomiting, one in six american will contract that every year, ( thanks to the food industry), contamination by bacteria ( Ecoli, salmonella,listeria etc.) or virus (Norovirus, rotavirus or hepatitis A if you traveled to Mexico) and sometimes bacterial toxin ( botulism)

avoid carbonated beverages : they make bloating worse, drink fluid ( water, juices) have brat diet ( toasted bread, banana, apple juice, rice ) and wait 2 days if you don't get better or if at any time you develop systemic signs ( FEVER, abdominal cramps and pain, headches ..) see your primary care

God bless
Bassam Yassine
You may have consumed tainted food or are experiencing food allergies. Activated Charcoal should alleviate flatulence and bloating. Ginger or mint tea will help to settle your stomach and relieve nausea. If symptoms do not clear up in a few days please consult with your primary care physician.
Margaret Bailey