All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

gastritis

hi I have gastritis, I went to the doctors the other day and because I wasn't feeling well. He told that I have gastritis. He recommends me to go with bland diet and see him if it worsens. So far I have not experienced any symptoms at all. The question is, should I go back to my doctor again or not? I mean he recommended me peptobizmol just in case.... but I did not take at all... because I have not experienced any symptoms. I have been drinking ginger tea.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 3 days
  • Medications: peptobizmol

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
do nothing further if you have no further symptoms
James Hansen
You should call and let the doctor know that you are feeling better on the bland diet and ask if you should still proceed with peptobizmol. Chances are that he/she may want you to just observe the gastritis for a few more days and return to normal diet, if you are still feeling better. What you must avoid, is whatever food or drink triggered the gastritis in the first place.
I don't know what else he/she told you, but based on your info, I would NEVER go back to that Doctor. The advice given could have been obtained from any nutrition website.

Instead you need to find a Doctor that is skilled at knowing what specific tests to run and what care to provide for those specific findings.

Some Medical Doctors tend to give these extremely general, "well why don't you try this" approach.

Find an MD or other health provider who practices Functional Medicine in order to get to the bottom of the problem.

learn about FM from MD: http://orangeparkchiropractor.com/functional-medicine/

Get to the CAUSE,

www.discoverhealth.us
• Do not avoid any meal time. BREAKFAST AT 7- 8 am, SNACK: AT 9:00 am and 3:00 pm LUNCH 12 am– DINNER 7 pm

• Eat plenty of vegetables.

• Don’t skip meals and avoid big meals.

• Don’t eat in a hurry – you’ll eat less and feel better.

• Alcoholic drinks do not always complement food.

• If you have a weakness for a certain food and find it difficult to limit the quantity consumed try to avoid it completely.

• Avoid foods eaten with the fingers: it’s easy to convince yourself you are just nibbling when the amount is in fact substantial.

• Eat more vegetables and natural cereals.

• Choose foods with low fat content when possible.

• Do more exercise daily !...walking is the best … Aboid Stress ....
Maria-Yaneth Albarracin
Gastritis doesn't usually just make you "not feel well". Usually there are some abdominal symptoms such as indigestion, nausea, burping. Ginger tea can help digestion by emptying the stomach, and improving bloating and constipation. If you are not having any of these symptoms, and you are not feeling well means that you are having some GI upset, would try a probiotic formula, and DGL which can treat gastritis. Can purchase ata vitamin or health food store. Without knowing your age, and specific symptoms, can't offer any other advice, except to see your doctor again, or go to a new doctor, and write down any specific symptoms you have before you go.