All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Balance issues

I often have stumble when I first stand up. It usually takes a minute or two to regain my balance. I don't feel any pain or dizziness when this happens. It feels like I can't fully control my legs. It happens once or twice a day. Should I see a doctor?
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Complaint duration: 30 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Weight: 135lbs

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
possible hypotension,definatly needs to be evalated,so see a doctor,in the mean time,sit on the edge of bed side before stepping out of bed.
Nirmal Mehton
Yes, you should see a doctor to investigate your postural hypotension. There may be transient cerebellar ischemia causing your loss of balance when you get up from lying down position. In the mean time, sit in bed for a minute or two when you wake up from sleep, before stepping out of bed.
Yes, you should see see a doctor to investigate your postural hypotension. There may transient cerebellar ischemia causing your loss of balance when get up from lying down position. In the mean time, sit in a bed for a minute or two when you wake up from sleep, before stepping out of bed.
Yes, you should see someone asap. Given your age and gender, this might be related to blood pressure, simple anemia, or something neurological. Preliminary exam and simple blood work is the right place to start. If you want me to take an in depth look, please go to my website and schedule a phone consultation. www.vthousecalls.com
William Goodwin
I had a similar problem. After several consults, it was decided that it was not inner ear but peripheral neuropathy.

Any provider with a tuning fork could evaluate this without expensive tests. Treatment is of course a different question.
Jerry Beguelin
you should see a doc to have your blood pressure and balance/strength checked
Tessa Fischer
Yes. It could be a pinched spinal cord when sittig, or verigo, or Bo

Look pressure drops with stsnfing
Steven Cohn
Dr. Kaako is right on target with his suggestions. Some simple in office testing could easily point in the right direction. Best of luck.
Robert Rozner
With the fact it has been going on for a month, 1-2 times a day, I think it's good idea to see a primary care doctor soon who may refer you to neurologist if needed.

It's hard figure out the exact reason with the available information, but more history with exam and some labs including blood counts, electrolyte, liver and thyroid tests and vitamin levels might help to nail it down.
Ahmad Kaako
Wow, Yes!! these are serious symptoms. Although it could be only musculoskeletal concerning leg musculature, it could also involve lesion(s) in the cerebellum in the brain, subluxation of atlas and/or axis vertebrae, mitocondrial dysfunction, etc. etc.

would start with a very excellent GP MD to fully evaluate ALL body systems through History, and physical exam. From there either a Nuerologist MD or a Chiropractic Nuerologist for further diagnostics of brain function, spinal evaluation by a Doctor of Chiropractic, and then possibly a Physical therapist for muscular rehab.

www.discoverhealth.us