All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

PMS affecting the quality of my life

I'm 23 year old virgin I've noticed lately 10 to 14 days before my period starts I get the following symptoms. Sleep a lot and always tired. Light Dizziness Unable to focus on school (brain fog) headaches Irregular heart beat I feel agitated anxious.its affecting the quality of life. I've seen two doctors about this and they don't seem to know whats wrong. I don't have any heart problems my blood tests are fine,thyroid,sugar,blood pressure all normal. so what could be the problem?
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
A gynecologist would probably prescribe low dose fluoxetine for these symptoms. I think you would feel much better taking that medication when you feel the symptoms.
Maureen Fleming
You probably developed a somewhat unusual form of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome). I'd probably suggest you to go on Oral Contraceptives for a while, even if you technically- do not need it at this time yet! If you feel better keep up with the treatment for a few months.
Zoltan Saary, MD
These symptoms related to PMS could easily be due to fluid retention and pelvic Congestion... I would like a little more history re: swelling of hands, feet, and breast tenderness,, Initial therapy would be a high water, low salt diet; and then perhaps a mild diuretic..... Plus some regular exercise program....
Paul L. Schell
there are many ways to treat PMS, including exercise, diet change, continuous birth control pills to avoid getting your period, or mild anti depressive medications. See your physician.
Fourteen days before your period is not typically PMS but could be. You sound like you may have both anxiety and mild depression I would recommend at least trying an activating SSRI for example Prozac to help snap you out of being so tired. With regard to an "irregular heart beat" this is not uncommon and most cardiologists would not treat it unless it was present all the time. I would definitely stay on Prozac for three months before deciding if it is working or not. You will not notice any improvements for several weeks. Good luck.
I am an acupuncturist, and I see patients whose conditions may or may not be explained by their physician. I treat many women for menstrual related issues, and I have seen similar PMS symptoms in a few patients. Women can lose quite a bit of blood during their period - this sometimes might show up in lab work as anemia. In Chinese medicine, this loss of blood can significantly affect your quality of life and the symptoms before, during, and after your period. The symptoms you have listed align with a few different diagnoses in Chinese medicine. You would need to see an acupuncturist to get a full assessment of your condition and symptoms. Typically, my patients see results from treatment within 3-6 months.