All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pregnancy

I took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I take Paxil for anxiety and have been on Phentermine and lipovite shots for 3 weeks can this effect the outcome of the pregnancy?
Poster
  • Female | 28 years old
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 64
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Medications: Paxil, Phentermine, lipovite injections
  • Conditions: non

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
You should be evaluated by an Ob/Gyn asap. Your medications may need to be changed.
I would see your OB as soon as possible. I would stop the Phentermine now and the lipovite injections now. Stopping the Paxil cold turkey is not recommended, however there may be better choices in the SSRI family to switch to during your pregnancy. Unfortunately there is very limited data on these drugs with regard to causing birth defects, there may actually be no harm to your fetus but since we do not know that for certain the standard answers to your question is to go off everything. I have been in private practice for 23 years and have never seen any patients on SSRIs give birth to a baby with defects. Good luck.
There has been no direct link between SSRI drugs (Paxil, Zoloft, etc) and birth defects. Currently, there is a registry to examine any definitive effects. Heart defects have been associated with these drugs in small numbers.

It is recommended that you stop ALL medications when you find out you are pregnant (exceptions include treatment for medical conditions that if stopped, would cause more serious effects on your health).

It is always recommended to discuss with your OB-GYN your current medications PRIOR to becoming pregnant. But, usually, pregnancy is not planned. Therefore Paxil should be tapered off as soon as possible.
Jeffrey Zweig
Yes. All pills for weight reduction are dangerous poisons. When u are pregnant, u need to be off all drugs
Victor Shabanah