All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pregnancy

My girlfriend and I have had Sexual intercourse very often some safe and others unprotected. She had kept track of her period using a app on her phone and it stated the day she was supposed to get her period. When the day came around she never got it. Her periods are irregular and she has been getting the same symptoms she would as if she was on her period just no blood. We are both scared that she is pregnant but she can just also be late. She took absobic acid, multivitamin, and iron pills.
Poster
  • Male | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 8 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Kevin W. Hamburger, MD OB/GYN, Sioux City
Women with irregular ovulation can still get pregnant. So try using a birth control method "every time" to be effective. In your case, I recommend getting a pregnancy test done either the over the counter version or at a doctors office.
2 UpVoted this answer Kevin W. Hamburger, MD OB/GYN, Sioux City
Not sure what the question is here. If you're wondering if we think your girlfriend is pregnant or not, no one here can answer that with the amount of information given. Since her periods are irregular, you may want to either get a urine pregnancy test or wait a few days to confirm she's missed a period.

And if you're this nervous about pregnancy, then I recommend you seriously rethink your method of birth control, which is woefully inadequate. Especially since an app cannot predict ovulatory times in women who are irregular.
Firas Rabi
1 UpVoted this answer
Simply put, if you are NOT taking measures to avoid pregnancy, you are planning TO get pregnant. Period. You MUST use protection and even then, the safest method of birth control is only 99% effective- NOTHING is 100%! So if you do not want to be a parent, you ABSOLUTELY need to use protection EACH and EVERY time you have sex, in every position and whether or not she is menstruating. If She thinks she is or may be pregnant, she needs to see the gynecologist, they can confirm or refute this. Be a good boyfriend and go with her if she wants, she may say no but she is probably pretty scared of the possibility, too! Best of luck and if she is NOT pregnant, USE PROTECTION, for YOUR sake AND hers! Protect your future- you will have plenty of time to have babies later- go fulfill YOUR dreams and aspirations (both of you) before having a family!
Karen Foti
1 UpVoted this answer
pregnancy is possible. get the pregnancy test done. if negative use effective birth control and safe sex precautions.
Veena V. Gonuguntla
She simply needs a Reliable pregnancy test to confirm or deny.... And maybe some additional contraceptive Advice.....
Paul L. Schell
She should take a home pregnancy test. Using the rhythm (natural contraception) method is not advisable with irregular periods. She should consult an Ob/Gyn to evaluate her hormones
Pregnancy is certainly a possibility if you are not using birth control consistently. I would recommend that y'all go see your doctor and get a pregnancy test, and if not pregnant discuss all your birth control options.

Best of luck!
no problem with the vitamins ect if she is more than a cycle late just do an over the counter pregnancy test
Louis Lefkowitz
She may well be pregnant! If you want to know for sure, wait 3-5 days, if still no period have a pregnancy test done

with her first morning urine specimen following the directions. If pos. - she is p
Zoltan Saary, MD
Yes, I understand you are concerned, but I am not sure what your question is? I recommend that she complete a urine pregnancy test 2 weeks after her last expected, but missed period. If it is negative, do another two weeks later. If it also is negative for pregnancy, it is very unlikely she is pregnant. Meanwhile, use protection regularly and reliably. Assuming she would choose to keep the pregnancy if she were pregnant, she should conduct herself appropriately: no smoking, no alcohol, no recreational drugs, etc. If she is not pregnant, she might want to see her gynecologist to evaluate her irregular periods. I hope you both have had your HPV vaccines. If not, please seriously consider it. Read more at immunize.org. Please continue your monogamous relationship. Best regards and good luck either way the urine test comes out.

Dr. T
Marc Tanenbaum