All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Stomach Pain

Today I was awaken by really bad stomach pain around 3am. I was so bad that I started to cry my chest was hurting from the pain. And I started to get nauseas. I was able to get up and use the bathroom but once I laid down again it hurt even to touch my stomach. After about and hour of pain it got less painful and I was able to go back to sleep. Hours later when I woke up for work my stomach is still in a bit of pain. If I move to much it gets worse. I can't even sit and bring both knees together.
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None, but same pain happened last month also

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Upper quad / epigastric pain could be from ulcer, could be from gallbladder, both can cause a bad stomach pain...What did you eat the night before. bad reflux may be a factor as well. But there is more information needed. Don't delay PAIN is your body's way of saying something is wrong, so go see your PCP ASAP.
I'm a female. As far as I know I still have my appendix and gallbladder. I just finished my monthly cycle two days ago.

The paid is below my belly button to the right.

I've been getting worse.

Ive had diarrhea, wake up covered in sweat. Hardly eat because I feel full and stomach starts hurting. Feel very bloated

I'm not pregnant, don't smoke or drink.

I've been to the er twice and have been sent back home.
Poster
It is important to know what part of the abdomen is hurting---Right upper quadrant, Right lower quadrant, Left upper quadrant, or Left lower quadrant. .The belly button, or course, is in the center of the abdomen. Are these pains related to the menstrual period? When was the last menstrual period and when did these pains occur in relation to the period? Is there any pain with urination? Are your bowels moving regularly? Have you had any rectal bleeding or black tarry stools? Could you be pregnant? Have you had any previous surgery? Do you still have your gallbladder and appendix? Have you had fever or chills? Go to the ER if you have severe pain. Don't delay.
Susan Reynolds
If its sudden could be stomach flu ,if its no better should check with ur PCp ,other causes being stomach irritation
Malabika Dey
You need to go to the emergency room, the pain you are describing could be due to many things ( we don't even know if you are pregnant or not and if you are it could be ectopic ) and the information you hve provided is not enough to tell what it is yes it could appendecitis or endometriosis or simple urine infection or gastroenteritis, the ER physician will be able to tell with some exam and tests,

don't delay

Gos bless
Bassam Yassine
this could be something simple like muscle spasms or extremely serious like an appendicitis. You should see an MD right away to rule out serious problems.

Afterward, find a great Functional Medicine Doctor in your area: http://orangeparkchiropractor.com/functional-medicine/

www.discoverhealth.us
Where is the pain in your abdomen? Are you a male or female? If female when was your last menstrual period? Have you been taking any Ibuprofen or other NSAIDS? Any other medications? When was you last bowel movement? Was it normal? If you put your feet on the floor ant try to walk does the pain increase when the foot is put on the floor or if you lay on your side and bring the top leg back doe the pain increase? If so either of these signs indicate you need further evaluation in a Emergency room.
Ruthetta Echols
This sounds more like peptic ulcer disease (PUD) or gastroesophagial reflux disease (GERD). Have you had any previous episode? Have you noticed any blackening of your stool, which usually accompanies slowly bleeding gastric ulcers? Is worsened or relieved by food intake? You need to see a doctor for a full workup. Meanwhile, eat small frequent, soft, non-spicy meals. Never go to bed on empty stomach, especially if you drink alcohol. A glass of milk when the pain wakes you up from sleep might help dilute the acid. Wish you all the best.
This sounds more like peptic ulcer disease (PUD) or gastroesophagial reflux disease (GERD). Have you had any previous episode? Have you noticed any blackening of your stool, which usually accompanies slowly bleeding gastric ulcers? Is worsened or relieved by food intake? You need to see a doctor for a full workup. Meanwhile, eat small frequent meals