All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

cut calf why can't I walk

the back of my calf has been torn on a gate and it's very deep and the doctors didn't give me stitches because it might be infected. but I can't even though it's been five days so I'm wondering what the means. by the way the reason I can't walk is because I can't make my leg and feet straighten in a walk position.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 5 days
  • Medications: sulfamethoxazole

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
You should see your doctor again. It is not surprising after a calf injury that you are having difficulty walking, but they should have given you crutches at the very least so you can get around.

Best of luck!
1 UpVoted this answer
calf = gastrocnemius and soleus muscles, possibly even posterior tibialis muscle depending on where you cut yourself.

cutting these muscles would inhibit plantar flexion, hence unable to walk.

recommend PT to aid in PROPER healing of torn muscles IF you want to walk properly vs. permanent damage for, potentially, the rest of your life.

www.discoverhealth.us
Calf muscle tear with intact Achilles tendon is not a cause for anxiety over return to normal mobility. With muscle injury and secondary infection comes muscle pain and spasm. Follow your doctor's instructions until your calf wound heals. He should provide you with catches for now. After the wound heals, physical therapy will help you re-establish normal walk. Best wishes.
There is definite injury and inflammation and probable infection - yes -- these conspire to impair muscle functions and flexibility in the calf muscle group. Full healing and restoration of function calls for cleansing of the wound, repeatedly, proper antibiotic coverage for at least 10 days, wound care so that new infection and new tissue disruptions will not happen, then gentle but skilled physical therapy -- over weeks.
There are a few possibilities here. Does it cause you pain to straighten out your calf? Or does your leg just not extend when you attempt to? You could have ligament damage, infection. I would go in to either your primary care provider for assessment or the Urgent Care so the area can be looked at once more. It is concerning to me that you are not walking.
Leslie Dawdy