All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

I just don't know what's happening to me!

I have stomach pains mostly on the left side of my abdomen, I frequently vomit, I do not have appetite and am losing weight drastically. I also usually have back aches. I went to the doctor and had a scan but they said it was a cyst. The second time I went they said it wasn't a cyst but they could not tell what is was. Please help me.
Poster
  • Female | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 31 days
  • Medications: Silver pencil nitrate
  • Conditions: Itchiness

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
I'm sorry you are feeling bad, but cancer would be very, very unlikely! More likely would be gastritis or perhaps pancreatitis. I would speak again with your doctor until you get all your answers.

Best of luck!
2 UpVoted this answer
With drastic weight loss, history of chronic left sided abdominal pain that radiates to your back, and vomiting, I suggest you see a gastroenterologist for possible gastroscopy and biopsy. I am concerned about stomach cancer and pancreatic cancer. The cyst could be a pocket of blood from bleeding gastric ulcer. It probably disappeared following the resorption (enzymatic digestion) of the collection of blood in surrounding tissues. Meanwhile, avoid spicy foods, and eat small frequent meals.
1 UpVoted this answer
I need much more information. It would be much more efficient to talk; can you do that? If so let's figure out a good time for both of us.

Thanks,

Manish
Manish Varma
1 UpVoted this answer
from what you say I concluded pancreatitis and cyst of the pancreas, low fat diet, eat small meals throughout the day low fat diary and drink lots of fluid,

see your primary for follow up
Bassam Yassine
Next steps, if not already completed: blood work: CBC, amylase, lipase, liver function tests, metabolic profile, urine analysis, urine culture, abdominal ultrasound, then abdominal CT scan with contrast. Be constant with your communications with your doctors.