All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Chest pain

Hello,

I have had a slight chest pain now for about a week was wondering if I could have pulled a muscle there if only bothers me when I bend down to dry off from a shower and cough or take a deep breath.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 5 days
  • Medications: Protonix albuterol inhaler
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - Lawton Family Medicine, Lawton A & T Family Medical LLC Family Practitioner, College Park
I need to know your age and gender, anyway, all chest pain should evaluated by a physician and I advise to see yours today before tomorrow if not go to the emergency room and get evaluated, don't assume it is muscular, it could be mor serious then you think, some labs including EKG and blood test are mandated .

best of luck
Bassam Yassine
1 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - OKC West Family Medicine, Oklahoma City
Yes, I think that you are right... You have likely pulled a muscle. However, chest pain is tricky. It is very unlikely, but not impossible, that it could be something worse... So, to be sure, it is best to discuss with your doctor. In the meantime, try a hot shower and gentle stretching exercises.

Best of luck!
1 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - Lawton Family Medicine, Lawton
If your asthma has been an issue and you have been coughing quite a bit lately it is most likely costochondritis which can be treated with antiinflammatories. This would be especially true if you can push down on the area and reproduce the pain on your own. If you have not been coughing and the pain is constant I would go in to have this evaluated. If you have been coughing and your asthma is out of control it may be a good idea to get looked at anyhow. Good luck! Feel better soon.
Leslie Dawdy
You will need to be seen by your PCP to examine you. Chest pains could be as a result of various health conditions.
It certainly doesn't sound like it's from a heart attack. A pulled muscle or sometimes even esophagitis could mimic that. Much less likely is something called pericarditis which is oftentimes made worse with laying supine and improved sitting upwards in a forward position (also pain often prominent)
Raymond Rowell
When it comes to chest pain, the diagnosis requires that I get enough information to decide if it is arising from the skin, soft tissues, muscles, bones, lungs, heart, or gut. So I would like to know the exact location on your chest, whether it is associated with swelling or bruising, whether it is stationary or shifts, whether it radiates to other parts of the body or is ameliorate or worsened by position, activity oty brathing. I would also like to know when and how it started, any previous episode, character of the, pain (sqeezing, sharp, dull, etc), the intensity of the pain on a scale of one to ten; any history of Chest injury, any involvement in contact sports or fall from height. In addition I would like to know if there pain on inspiration, expiration, or coughing, whether you have a history of cough, heart attack, or bone disease, and whether the pai limits any particular motions. When I get the answers to these questions, I will be in a better position to conduct a focused physical examination that will lead me to a provisional diagnosis.
It could certainly be a heart issue, however with symptoms brought on by position and motion, it clearly points to musculoskeletal concern. It is very possible that you have a rib subluxation or even multiple rib involvement.

The ribs articulate with the thoracic spine, so it is possible to have a thoracic subluxation (or many) that will alter rib positioning causing mild to excruciating pain.

After seeing a cardiologist to rule out cardiovascular causation, please make sure to visit a Chiropractor for Spine and rib evaluation.

www.discoverhealth.net