All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Anxiety depression

So my doctor put me on Prozac 40mg over a month ago after my Celexa stopped working after 6 years on it. Friday the 18th she upped the dose to 60mg because my anxiety and depression weren't dissolving. I don't feel as depressed but I feel horrible. Anxiety, tremors, vertigo, very dizzy when I get up from a chair. Legs don't want to work when walking very shaky. Are these normal symptoms that will eventually go away or am I experiencing symptoms of serotonin syndrome.
Poster
  • Female | 30 years old
  • Complaint duration: 4 days
  • Medications: Prozac Trazadone xanax

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
The combination of Trazedone and Prozac will increase your chances, however, I doubt that this is serotonin toxicity. But, to be sure I would talk with your doctor. Regardless, the current therapy does not seem to be helping your anxiety. I would also discuss with him or her other non-pharmacological methods to control your anxiety such as counseling and regular exercise.

Best of luck!
Did your doctor stop your Celexa abruptly or did you tail it off while building up the Prozac for at least two weeks (the earliest time for it to kick in)? Did you hit the maximum dose of 40mg/day for Celexa before it was dropped? What you are experiencing appears to be exactly what happens when Celexa (or infact any other antidepressant) is stopped abruptly. While drug combination can be synergistic, it would appear that your best bet at this time will be to have your doctor tail you off trazodone and xanax so as to know exactly what Prozac is doing to you. With the mixed bag of prozac, trazodone and xanax, it is hard to say which drug is causing which side effect.
The symptoms you describe are very likely to be a degree of serotonin syndrome. Do not overlook the contribution of Trazodone or even Xanax to not only serotonin syndrome but to other symptoms that you have. Likely your antidepressant should be changed to one of the shorter half-life and would some norepinephrine as was mentioned Effexor is a good one as his Cymbalta and a variety of others.
Raymond Rowell
It frustrates me to see people going down the wrong path. Check out Functioanl Medicine

Watch this video from top MD at Cleveland Clinic:

http://orangeparkchiropractor.com/functional-medicine/

www.discoverhealth.us
The symptoms are definitely adverse reactions to the Prozac you are taking. Call your physician today and do not abruptly stop taking it. You may be weaned off of it. Hope you feel better soon.
Norma Cavazos
These are / can be signs of serotonin syndrome. I would request a change perhaps to Wellbutrin.
Leslie Dawdy
Prozac takes a while to start working,this is serotonin syndrome,I would have switched her to something like Effexor xr with a weaning phase of about two weeks.
Washington S. Muro
Your symptoms are cause for concern. You may be having symptoms of serotonin syndrome, which is a group of symptoms that are the result of too much circulating serotonin. Prozac and many other antidepressant/anxiety drugs promote increased levels of serotonin. Call your doctor about your symptoms as soon as possible. If you are not improving with the higher dose of Prozac, you might need an adjunctive medication (another medicine to complement the Prozac) or perhaps counseling with a therapist. By the way, aerobic exercise has been validated in clinical trials for the treatment of anxiety and depression. That might be a safer, less expensive way to manage your stress. Good luck!
John G. Van Derwood