All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Anemia?

I am 18 and I am always cold. It is about 70 degrees in my house and I am shivering. I will be wearing a long-sleeved shirt, gloves, socks, and thick pajama pants and I will still be cold. Help!?
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Medications: none
  • Conditions: none

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
Yes, that is a possibility. I would also be concerned about hypothyroidism. Talk to your doctor... Both of these can be diagnosed with a simple blood test.

Best of luck!
1 UpVoted this answer Leslie Dawdy Family Practitioner, Colorado Springs
many reasons why you can feel cold and anemia is one of them becuse blood not only bring nutrients and oxygen to organes but warmth too, in your age groupe hypothyroidism can do that too because it slows down you metabolism and makes body burn less calories thus less heat is produced, it also cause constipation and weight gain ..,

dehydration is another cause of feeling cold, if you are well hydrated water will trap heat and release it slowly to your organes keeping your body iemperature in a comfortable zone

sleep deprivation is another reason you can feel cold, see, you body core temperature is regulated by the hypothalamus and reduction of sleep will slow down the functionning of that control panel leading to lower metabolism, and thus less burning calories and less heat production.

lack of mussles and being physically unfit also is a contributor because mussles not only produce heat when the function but also act as a blanket to keep the heat in

so a visit to your doctor will help, some blood test to check for anemia, hypothyroid, and also your female hormones with a physical will help identify the reason for feeling cold
Bassam Yassine
This is definitely not anemia.It sound more like hypothyroidism , which means your thyroid hormone is low. You definitely would need to schedule to see a PCP and have blood drawn.
This is not anemia. It is more like hypothyroidism. Is there a swelling in the lower front area of your neck? Are you also gaining weight? It will be nice if you can go in for thyroxine panel workup. If the diagnosis is confirmed you may be started on thyroxine replacement therapy. In the mean time make sure the salt you add to your food is iodized.
Yes hypothyroidism has a classic symptom of cold intolerance or feeling cold easily. A blood test will be able to tell that but it very well may not be found in which case repeating them later on would be a good idea if the symptoms were to continue. otherwise looking how things go over time may help reassure you through the fact that you don't get sicker or perhaps the shippers for some reason the bait. However I I agree that it shouldn't be that noticeable symptoms if it's not caused by something good luck in finding that out
Raymond Rowell
Could be anemia. Do you eat enough protein? ( 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight)

More serious could be a thyroid problem, in particular Hashimodo's thyroiditis. Although co-care with an MD may be beneficial and in fact necessary, I strongly suggest you choose a Functional Medicine Doctor as your primary, see below:

http://orangeparkchiropractor.com/functional-medicine/

www.discoverhealth.us
Thank you. I will try to get an appointment with my doctor for some blood tests.
Poster