All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Son was trip and now he experiences a lot of pain when walking on his right leg.

Son was on a trip and now he experiences a lot of pain when walking on his right leg. He can't put a lot of weight on it.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 1 day
  • Medications: NA
  • Conditions: NA

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Raymond Rowell Family Practitioner, Livermore
There are numerous possibilities. Since he walked quite a bit, he could have something called Osgood-Schlatter which is inflammation of the tibia and usually presents with a knot below the kneecap. He could have a popliteal cyst, or a slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Of course, there is always the possibility of trauma (kids playing around) resulting in a fracture or tear of the ligaments or menisci. I would highly recommend evaluation by a Physician
Great answer below
Raymond Rowell
That is concerning. It could be a simple strain that will get better with some time. However, if he does not have any improvement, I would recommend he talk to his doctor.

Best of luck!
The history a day trip by your son, followed by painful right leg that prohibits weight bearing, is inadequate for determining what the problem could be. I need to know kind of trip, geographical location of destination, what kind of activities he participated in, during which activity the leg pain starte, whether he sustained accidental fall or collision, the character of the pain, the intensity of the pain, and whether or not the limb is swelling or losing strenth. I will also like to know if he has had a similar experience in the past. Answers to these questions will enable me to do a focused physical examination of the. right leg and come up with a working diagnosis.