All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Can't get rid of it

I have had a cough for about a month. I thought it was allergies but it's persistent and kinda flemy. It's worse during the night when I'm laying down. And I have had diarrhea for two days.
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 15 days
  • Medications: Birth control sprintec

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - OKC West Family Medicine, Oklahoma City
Yes, a persistent cough is so frustrating. There are a million treatments for cough, but almost none of them really work. The diarrhea suggest possible viral infection, but many times a persistent cough is multi-factorial. Allergies and heartburn can worsen a cough. I would continue the any allergy medication, treat any heartburn, and talk to your doctor about an inhaler. Although it may not get rid of the cough completely, hopefully with this your cough will lessen enough so that you can finally get some rest!

Sweet dreams!
If it doesn't get better and better over time in addition to what's below there could be mycoplasma pneumonia which often doesn't need treatment but cough me last 4 to 6 weeks. All the others are possible through as listed below
Raymond Rowell
sounds like a chronic system infection. watch the following, then find an FM Dr. in your area

http://orangeparkchiropractor.com/functional-medicine/

www.discoverhealth.us
You are likely to have GERD, see your physician and he would recommand a treatment, also raise the head of bed 45 degrees above horizontal would help preventing any aspiration of gastric content at night, which causes your cough
Bassam Yassine