All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

20 year old man suffers from stretch marks for 5 years

I am a 20 years old man and in past 5 years have I suffered by stretch marks. I use oil, drinks a lot of water, eat healthy, eats some miniral and zink pills for my skin but I still get them all over my body. I do not even change in weight so why do I get stretch marks ???
Poster
  • Male | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: No
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
You should be tested for Bartonella infection. Bartonella henselae and Bartonella quintana can cause stretch marks. Treating the infection can clear them up.
1 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - OKC West Family Medicine, Oklahoma City
Stretch marks are very common, and over time may be less prominent but they never disappear completely. They result from periods of rapid growth and may be influenced by hormonal changes such as puberty. Steroids seem to make the skin more prone to stretch marks, so avoid them. Humans have looked for effective treatments since the beginning of time with very little success, although, some have tried laser treatments, dermabrasion, or topical tretinoin.

Keep up the healthy diet!

Best of luck!
I would think about Cushing's disease where the adrenal gland is over active. This produces too much steroid and makes similar stretch marks as does taking steroids orally. The stretch marks are typically reddish purple and are typically associated with weight gain
Raymond Rowell
Your stretch marks are likely related to your hormones as you passed through puberty. If your growth has stopped and you are not gaining any more weight, you should not get any more new stretch marks. The ones you do have should get less prominent over time, but may never go away completely.
I would continue with moisturizing daily with eucerin or cocoa butter. However if they are already present they will only improve with time but never be completely absent unless you pursue laser therapy for them and even with this improvement is noted but complete absence is as in the condition the skin was prior to their onset is unlikely. So depending on the severity, location and amount of distress they personally cause you - are the criteria I would use in pursuing expensive treatments.
Leslie Dawdy
Can be familial or even seen with underlying disease of an inherited type. A rapid growth spurt or excessive weight may have triggered them. Laser treatment is available, but can be expensive.
Alan Semion
See your local medical spa doctor and she will review CO2 fractionated laser therapy for stretch marks with you.