All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Ending Depo Provera

I am currently trying to get off the depo/regulate. I was supposed to receive my last shot in September. My husband and I are TTC. I just started getting normal vaginal discharge 1-2 weeks ago which I didn't have on the depo. Today I started getting a brown discharge that is only visible when I wipe. Have I started my period? How long does it take to regulate? Is this normal? I just don't know what to really expect. And I have had a blood pregnancy test in the last week that was neg.
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
This is normal. It will normally take a few months for your period to return to normal. Until then, you are less likely to become pregnant, but it never hurts to try!

Best of luck!
Depo Provera is a great contraceptive. When it works well patients do not gain weight ,have no acne or oily skin and have no periods .Hence when it works great patients love it. When it doesn't the effects are commonly the opposite and unpredictable. You are the classic example of that. Your pregnancy test is negative so nothing major is going on. Just let the effects of the drug wear off and all will return to normal but nobody knows how long this will take. .Be patient and use a barrier method of contraception so that you don't surprise yourself.
Richard Nuila-Crouse
Usually 3-4 months until cycles start up again. It varies quite a bit but you are very unlikely to get pregnant in that time frame.