All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Can I take anything?

I think I have symptoms of bronchitis: I'm coughing, sneezing having trouble breathing, sleeping, stuffy, running nose, etc.?
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Complaint duration: 7 days
  • Medications: Benadryl
  • Conditions: Allergy

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
The 1 thing that worries me is you say u r short of breath. It could be bronchitis, it could be pneumonia. The things that cause shortness of breath can often be serious problems. Heart disease, blood clots to the lungs, pneumonia, and several others. I suggest you be seen by a physician to evaluate the many possible causes of your illness.
Mark  Buckner
Sounds like you are very uncomfortable.

Essential oils can be a big help for symptoms like your. Try a drop of lemon or lemongrass oil and/or eucalyptus oil and dab it in the hollow spot just above your breastbone. This will help the stuffiness, runny nose, etc.

Also, you want to be sure to drink lots of water. Give elderberry syrup a try for coughing also. You should be able to find it at any health food store or whole foods.

Olive Leaf Nasal Spray can be used to help the stuffiness also. Seagate makes a good one. 2 sprays per nostril up to 4 times a day.

Good luck!
1.So it appears there are two different areas involved - the Nose/throat and the upper airways.

2.causes could be varied as well - this of the year and with ur hx of allergies - a. allergic rhinosinusitis b viral syndrome(more common) c bacterial cause of these symtpoms.

3. treatment is generally symptomatic and also supportive measures.

4. sneezing/nasal congestion - antihistamines(benadryl is good for nights)

trouble breathing /coughing - depends on dry cough vs wet cough - Mucinex DM usually does the trick.

stuffiness / and for sleep - pseudoephedrine( drys up everything- which could trigger more coughing) it also stimulates some folks. benadryl helps with sleep as well. 25mg atleast of the benadryl.

5. TLC(tender loving care) - lots of rest/ vitamin C/ good nutrition / less stress / lots of water(not soda/juice) 8

glasses of water. honey in warm tea cepachol throat lozenges etc (honey works well)

6. these symptoms usually last for 3-7 days. see a doc after 5-7 days if not better.

--- get better soon
there are a plethera of OTC drugs available toyou OR you could choose to SUPPORT your baody instead of covering up the symptoms that your body is producing that in effect are begging you for help (nutrition, water, sleep and or light exercise/movement)

I receomend going to a Functioanl Medicine Doctor to determine the cause of the problem and then fixing that cause instead of the symptoms.

www.discoverhealth.us
Use over the counter tyelenol or ibuprofen for a couple of days to treat the symptoms. If you start having symptoms below the neck or the runny nose has yellow or green discharge consider seeing a physician.