All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Male issue

I have had a small bump that appeared on the outside of my scrotum. Tender to the touch probably mostly from material rubbing it. Between nickel to dime size and raised a little. Located on the back side of my scrotum.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Conditions: Diabetic

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Buffalo Lake Medical Primary Care Practice, Sanford Tevora Tevora Chiropractor, Lake Forest
Hard to say without laying eyes on it but here goes

1. Eczema- allergic skin condition - moisterizers/ hydrocortisone OTC for a week. if not better go see MD

2. Fungal infection - Tinea Cruris - over the counter antifungal creams - if not better in a week go see MD

3. Cancerous cause - if it is attached to the underlying scrotum / or looks just bad - go see MD ASAP

4. Folliculitis - skin infection - topical triple antibiotic cream . x 7 days - go see MD if not better

Hope this helps.
1 UpVoted this answer Tevora Tevora Chiropractor, Lake Forest
With your history of diabetes my main concern for you would be infections. You should see you provider to get this evaluated.
Sounds painful. I would be very concerned about an ingrown hair and an early abscess forming. The risk of that is especially high for someone with diabetes. You need an exam and possibly antibiotics.
Diabetic have frequent infections because of reduced immunity, fungus like moist and warm area like the scrotum and since it is on the outside of the scrotum I don;t think it is cancerous lesion, at any rate see your primary physician
Bassam Yassine
Tevora Tevora