All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What can I do to treat burping?

Hello doctor. I have hourly burping and bloating after meals but no heartburn. My doctor diagnosed it acid reflux and put me on Omeprazole 40mg but it seems to make my symptoms 2x worse. Today I tried some digestive enzyme supplements and it seems to help a bit. What would you advise on treating this problem? Thank you.
Poster
  • Male | 21 years old
  • Complaint duration: 72 days
  • Medications: Omeprazole 40mg
  • Conditions: no

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - OKC Buy for Less Family Medicine, Oklahoma City
Burping is normal and generally results from swallowing of air while eating or drinking especially if drinking carbonated beverages. It generally does not require treatment. It can also be a sign of dyspepsia, and that is why your doctor correctly tried the omeprezole. However, if it is not helping, I would discuss this with your doctor and then stop the medication. If the supplements seem to be helping, you could continue. It is very unlikely, but this might possibly suggest a gallbladder issue. Also, avoid all carbonated beverages.

Best of luck!
Jim Smith
It's frustrating that traditional medicine is not caught up to its own peer-reviewed medical research indicating better treatment of gastrointestinal disorders with holistic methods than that of covering up the symptoms with medication.

Drugs alter normal body physiology that cause adverse reactions in several body organ systems. Here is the list of the adverse reactions from the drugs you're taking:

Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing

Blistering, peeling, or red skin rash

Fever, joint pain, swelling in the body, unusual weight gain, change in how much or how often you urinate

Seizures, dizziness, uneven heartbeat, muscle cramps or twitching

Severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, fever

Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, weight loss

Stop the madness. Instead of using outdated harmful treatment, I recommend you step outside of the medical box to the relatively new science of functional medicine.

http://orangeparkchiropractor.com/functional-medicine/

www.discoverhealth.us