All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Experiencing side effects from birth control a year later?

I have been on Junel 1/20 (21 days) for almost two years now and since March, I have been experiencing intermittent nausea. I had an upper endoscopy, labs, and ultrasound. The EGD found candida esophagitis which was treated with 3 weeks of fluconazole. However, the nausea has continued and I wonder if it has to do with my birth control. Could birth control cause nausea, even a year after being on it? I don't often get a period (if so, very light) and I wonder if that is a factor.
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: Junel 1/20

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Pobably not at this point. I suppose the only way to know is either go lower with LoLoestrin which is not generic but most gyns have samples for you to try first or go off the pill for a pack and see if the nausea goes away. If you are still having the nausea of the placebo pills (the week of your period there is no hormone then so it is definitely not the pills).
Amy Byer
Yuck, nausea is such a terrible feeling. It could have many causes, but birth control pills that you've been on for two years would not be likely. Neither would the lack of a period typically cause nausea. However, that being said, I would talk to your doctor. If you still do want to change your birth control, there are other options you could try.

Best of luck!
Very Unlikely this is due to the birth control.

IF you have candida in the esophagus - THIS needs to be evaluated for OTHER reasons - because you could have an Immunodeficiency problem, you could have TB - tuberculosis, so YOU need to get seen by an Internal Medicine doctor and possibly an Infectious Disease physician.

Wish you well
Brad Douglas