All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

pain

I have been having excruciating pain in my back and sides I'm 24 weeks pregnant. Is that a sign of backlabor?
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old
  • Medications: Prenatal vitamins

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
It is not uncommon to have physical discomfort during pregnancy. Sometimes simple measures such as changing pillows or position or a pregnancy belt may work. However there are other causes to back pain such as an urinary tract infection or preterm labor. Given you limited history you definitely need to make an appointment with your provider to get this evaluated.
Well HONESTLY adjustment in pregnancy especially AT 24 weeks - FIRST you need to check a few things - and ONE of the problems we see at 24 weeks is urinary tract infections which could lead to kidney infections - so THAT needs to be checked. Plus YOU need to make sure you are not in preterm labor - so adjustment honestly NOT the FIRST line of treatment.
Brad Douglas
Great MD's, ones that actually read peer reviewed medical research, will tell you that Chiropractic Care is shown to be the #1 treatment for your condition. I suggest you find a Chiropractor that focuses on or has experience with gentle adjusting of Pregnant women.

www.discoverhealth.us
With advancing pregnancy it is not unusual for increased physical discomfort especially if this is not your first pregnancy, comfort measures such as position changing, pillows, heat massage & pregancy support belt may help. Increase your fluids, if you fee the pains are getting stronger, timeable with more than 5-6 6 I an hour see your provider as soon as possible to rule out preterm labor.
Michelle Rhude
It could be due to several things. It is important to rule out a kidney stone or dilated kidney and ureter (the tube that runs from your kidney to your bladder), depending where in your back the pain is it could be gallbladder problems, true uterine contractions that are referred to your back or a musculoskeletal problem in the lower back. I would make an appointment first with your OB he/she should be able to work up the true cause. Good luck.