All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Period off

I am supposed to start my period on October 18 and I always start about 5 days early and have not started yet. I had unprotected anal sex with my boyfriend about two weeks ago and I don't know if I should be concerned or not?
Poster
  • Female | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 5 days
  • Medications: none
  • Conditions: no

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
You should perform a home pregnancy test to be certain that you are not pregnant. Unprotected anal sex will not get you pregnant but exposes you to potential infections such as Human Papilloma Virus or HIV/AIDS. Always use a latex condom if engaging in anal sex. Also remember never to have vaginal sex after anal sex unless you have washed thoroughly to avoid vaginal infections.
It is unlikely that you are pregnant if you only had anal sex. You could simply take a pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant. You did not mention if you are on any type of birth control. This is a good opportunity to see a gynecologist to get on some type of contraception. Even though anal sex does not lead to pregnancy it can lead to anal HPV and condyloma if you do not use a condom. Good luck.
Taking several pregnancy tests would be a definitive way to know for sure, however if there were no vaginally involvement than it is unlikely that you'd be pregnant.

www.discoverhealth.us
Well - do a pregnancy test - if you had sex 2 weeks ago the pregnancy test would be positive by now IF you are indeed pregnant - and if negative - you are not pregnant
Brad Douglas
If you are wondering if unprotected anal sex caused or contributed to the irregularity in your periods, rest assured it did not. Some irregularity in periods is normal and probably nothing to be concerned about. Might, however, consider condoms and lubricant in the future if you want to minimize your risk of contracting an STD.

Best of luck!