All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

IUD and Intercourse

How soon can I have sexual intercourse after having an IUD inserted? My Mirena IUD was inserted two days ago and I am no longer cramping or spotting at this time. It was inserted about two weeks after the start of my period.
Poster
  • Female | 23 years old
  • Medications: Prozac, 20 mg

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Kevin W. Hamburger, MD OB/GYN, Sioux City Buffalo Lake Medical Primary Care Practice, Sanford
Anytime now. Just remember the condom. You are protected from pregnancy but not sexually transmitted diseases.
1 UpVoted this answer Buffalo Lake Medical Primary Care Practice, Sanford
IUDs offer immediate protection once inserted. Remember though that unprotected sex immediately prior to insertion could result in a pregnancy. IUDs do not protect against STDs.
You can sex immediately after insertion. However remember an IUD only protects you against pregnancy and not sexually transmitted diseases. It is important to wear a condom to protect you from sexually transmitted diseases.
I would remind you that STIs are not prevented by IUDs and use a condom unless you are in a mutually stable relationship. You can have intercourse now.
u can now
Victor Shabanah
I agree with Dr Harris - you can have sex NOW
Brad Douglas