All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What can cause pink/white bumps on labia minora?

I shaved my vaginal area about 2 weeks ago and I had used coconut oil instead of shaving cream because I heard it lessens irritation. It was a coconut oil/ vitamin e oil that i used and this was my first time using it. A couple days after I noticed pink/white bumps on my labia minora area. I workout daily too so maybe its from sweat. But I've never noticed them before and I'm also sexually active so I'm really scared about it being an std. The area only itches sometimes.
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Complaint duration: 10 days
  • Medications: Birth control

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Most like not an STD unless you have acquired a new sexual partner. These are sweat glands and not harmful as well as not related to STD. If itching persists, you could have yeast overgrowth and may try over the counter yeast medication such as Monistat. Vagisil will usually help itching that is not yeast related.
Bryan J Treacy MD
Those bumps on the labia minora are sebaceous glands. They are normal and are not related to STDs. They can become enlarged with excessive sweating. Applying topical metronidazole is soothing. See your doctor if the bumps continue to be noticeable and irritating.
Try using both an anti yeast cream such as clotrimazole plus hydrocortisone this should help
Brad Douglas
Not real sure what it is, but it is NOT likely a STD. More likely it is due simply to the local friction form your workouts, but perhaps could also be a bacterial or fungal infection. Or, maybe it is just normal. Might get checked by your doctor to make sure.

As an aside, an interesting fact... Do you know the reason we have hair in our arm pits and genital area? To reduce friction in motion and sexual intercourse. Just sayin...

Best of luck!