All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Insomnia

I am 27 years old male and suffering from insomnia for 2 months now. I go to sleep at 10pm and after few hours wake up. I usually wake up 3-4 times every night. The first time i wake up I'm sometimes feeling very hot but not sweaty. I like to exercise a lot in the gym and play sports and when I have started to have problems sleeping I have taken a break and that has helped but not this time. What could be causing this?
Poster
  • Male | 27 years old
  • Complaint duration: 60 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
That sure sounds frustrating, but what you describe is very common. You are not alone! As recommended by Dr Shah, I would visit with your doctor and together you can find strategies to improve sleep. In the meantime, though, no reason to stop the exercise. Exercise usually benefits sleep quality.

Sweet dreams!
1 UpVoted this answer
Your issue seems to more maintaining sleep rather than initiating sleep. First, I would consider wearing a fitness monitor so you can track your sleep and your restlessness to understand your patterns of sleep. Most likely, you need better sleep hygiene. Waking up and feeling hot may also be due to thyroid issues. Your exercise patterns may also have contributed to changing your natural cortisol patterns and circadian rhythms. Melatonin may be helpful for you. I would recommend blood testing to make sure you do not have a treatable medical condition contributing to your insomnia and then talk to a medical professional about treatment options