All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Tiny white bump underneath my tongue

I have tiny white bumps under my tongue that really burn. They have spread over the past few days and I'm worried it will be something worse than a canker sore.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 4 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer David Westerberg, DDS Dentist, Redlands
More info such as history of dietary changes, a current Heath history and region of the country in which you live would increase the accuracy of diagnosis. A differential diagnosis would include (RAU) Recurrent Aphthous Ulcers, Leukoplakia, Lichen Planus or Bechet's synydrome. You should seek help from a credentialed dental health professional in any case.
Val Hagans
1 UpVoted this answer Val Hagans, DMD Dentist, Las Vegas
Those look like ulcers. They feel like bumps because the skin around them is raised but they are actually more like raised craters. These could be the result of the herpes virus or more likely a stress induced condition call Apthous Ulcers. Sometimes apthous ulcers appears as solitiary ucers or sometimes resembling a bunch of grapes like these. They are painful but should pass in 10 to 14 days from the first time you noticed them.

They should be observed by you dentist during that time to be sure. Good Luck.
Knowing your age will definitely help. For the main fact that it hurts a good thing.can it be rubbed off and how long has it been there. I'm thinking that it may be aphthous ulcer. It may last for five to seven days and then heal. Best advice will be for you to visit your dentist
Kingsley Achikeh
It looks like canker sores in the picture. It can also be primary herpetic gingivostomatitis if you have also fever and malaise. You should seek a professional evaluation. Your dentist can recommend the appropriate treatment for your condition. In any case the lesions are self-limiting and generally run a course of 7-14 days.
They are probably canker sores but if they last more than 10 days and/or you have a fever, you should seek a professional evaluation. Previous recommendations are appropriate. You can also swish and spit with Maalox or other antacid.
These lesions look like recurrent aphthous stomatitis (also called canker sores). These will typically resolve on their own in 7 to 10 days. There are numerous OTC medicaments that you can use to treat. However, if this doesn't resolve in the 7 to 10 days mentioned above, you should see your dentist.
Dear patient,

It does look like a canker sore on the picture.Ideally you should be evaluated by a dentist.Take Ibuprofen for pain, avoid spicy foods and mouthwashes with alcohol(like Listerin).Good luck.
these look like aphthous ulcers and should resolve themselves within 10-14 days, you can use orajel to make them feel better mean time. i would recommend for you to see your dentist to verify the diagnosis as i am just looking at a picture
The picture illustrates typical canker sores. You can use OTC gels, if ut does not resolve in a week's time, please seek dental/medical help.
Nishandeep Chahal
Please see your dental professional.
Brian S. Nylaan, D.D.S.