All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Blood and urinalysis results

I recently had a blood test and urinalysis done. Everything was normal except for my ALT was 34, Albumin was 4.9, MCV was 102.3 and MCH was 33.2. My urinalysis showed occult blood 2+ and RBC 3-10. I was on my period when I did this test. Could that have caused the occult blood in the urine? Thank you for your assistance.
Poster
  • Female | 44 years old
  • Medications: Tylenol PM, 10 mg Flexeril

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Yes, please repeat after say 10 days. Also, why did you get these tests done in the first place?
Alexander Philip
1 UpVoted this answer
Yes, you are exactly right. That would be the most likely cause. However, as my collegue recommends, it would be a good idea to get rechecked when you have finished your period.

Good Health!

Brett
1 UpVoted this answer
Get it repeated urine test If it is normal forget about any disease
Gurbux Mansharamani
UA should never be done during period unless you are looking for something other then blood, because if you are looking for blood you will find it no matter what during the period,

it was a waist of time and money, please repear one week after end of period
Bassam Yassine
It's most likely that the blood in the urine is due to your periods, however wouldn't hurt to get your urine checked few days later. You will need to get the liver enzyme checked out further though.
Thank you for your response. I was at my doctor's office for a routine physical. Should I be concerned with the ALT 34, Albumin 4.9, MCV 102.3 and MCH 33.2? I will talk to my doctor about redoing the urinalysis soon and have a follow up appt at the end of the month.
Poster