All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Flighing with superficial vein blood clot

Hi, 6 months ago I had a blood clot in a superficial vein I'm my right calf. I will flight to Europe in a week. Is it safe to fligh? Thank you for your help: Sophie
Poster
  • Female | 39 years old
  • Medications: Baby aspirin
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Yes you can fly to Europe.

please make sure that you get up and walk around the cabin a couple of times during your flight.

unless you have a existing medical condition / genetic defect predisposing you to blood clots, you do not need special treatment.

Superficial vein clots usually happen at the site of an IV line or trauma etc The only time it increases your risk if it happened with any etiology in which case your doctor should have done further investigation.
Khawar Shaikh
The answer is YES. But:

1. Get some open toe knee level compression stockings for both legs. Measure your ankle circumference. Call 877.525.7224 (stocking company) and order a pair of knee level open toe compression stockings. The size is dependent on your ankle circumference, so give it to them and ask for a 30-40 mmHg pressure gradient. Wear it during the flight. You can get lesser compression stockings in drug stores if pressed in time.

2. Get up and walk the isle up and down every 2 hours. While sitting, move your feet up and down like marking a beat at leasdt once an hour for 1-2 minutes. This is mainly if you fly coach or economy class.

3. Be well hydrated and do not drink coffee or alcoholic beverages. They may dehydrate you. Drink water, juices or soda beverages.

4. My question is why at age 39 you came down with superficial phlebitis. do you take female hormones? where you pregnant? Do you have varicose veins? Had any leg trauma? If none of the above, I would check you clorring mechanisms and see if you have a clotting problem. If yes, your family should be checked too. Log in to http://www.gorenveincenter.com/blog/ and scroll down to read more about "economy class" syndrome. You will read a much detailed information on the subject. Have great trip!!
Gabriel Goren
You probably are ok to travel. If you are symptomatic you need to be seen by a doctor for a scan to check for DVT .The advice to wear compression stockings and ambulate frequently should be taken.
Yes

Invest in a good pair of compression stockings 20-30mm and get up and walk frequently
Aaron Shiloh