All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Weight gain

Hey I'm 16 years old and my doctor says I'm over weight and I believe him I'm 240lbs and I'm 5'8 I do work out I have upper arm strength and leg strength but my stomach fat is unbearable I have been looking at insanity a workout program I did it in ROTC last year but not very often I'm thinking of doing the full thing every day after school but my main question is should I do the full work out or half because of age and weather or not I should pick certain work out parts such as core strength.
Poster
  • Male | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: Vyvance

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
YOu cannot lose weight by working out. All you do is create and tone more muscle. You should stop eating so much and it sounds as if you have a binging disorder if you take Vyvance. The best thing to do is pay attention to your food intake.
Hi

You are not alone with this concern, a lot of teenager are having concern about weight, especially that our day and age most celebreties have anorexic type of body,

I beleive core body exercise is the best for you, like Pilate's and may be YOGA, doing full work out is best , core muscles work as a unit developping functional fitness and stabilizing the joints, the type of fitness needed for daily activities
Bassam Yassine
Getting rid of belly fat is not related to exercise. You have to stop eating big people food...

no potato, bread, wheat (noodles, crackers, etc), sugar, soda, artificial sweeteners, bananas, watermelon, fructose, corn syrup...and the belly fat gets eaten by your body instead of sugar...and no means none...not a teaspoon of a white potato, not one ritz cracker, not a sip of soda....then how much and when you eat is not important.
Hal Blatman
Go ahead and do the full program. Dont look for quick weight loss...it comes back soon if you lose it too quickly...Also look into intermittant fasting on the internet....Its a super safe way to help you get and keep the weight off. Also ...losing weight is much more about eating less than exercising more....Exercise is important but recent evidence shows you have to cut calories to lose weight and intermittant fasting is the easiest way to cut calories. Good luck to you..