All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

no menstration

hi doctors what can you say about the result of my ultra sound

conclusion:

normal size anteverted uterus with thinned-out

Physiologic cyst left ovary

I'm 39 yrs old and my menstration stop about 2 yrs ago. I dont feel anything except pain in sex.

What do you advice. Thanks, your reply would be a big help.

Best Regards!
Poster
  • Medications: none
  • Conditions: none

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
You may have gone through menopause early. That could be confirmed with a blood test, FSH, or follicle stimulating hormone. Follicles produce estrogen. When ovaries have used up all of their egg follicles, the estrogen levels fall, and the pituitary gland in the brain tries to stimulate the ovaries to make more estrogen by releasing more FSH. So a high FSH level is characteristic of menopause, but it can fluctuate for several years, called the menopause transition. Low estrogen levels cause the lining of the uterus to thin, as well as the lining of the vagina. The vagina also becomes less elastic and drier, which causes the pain during sex.

Although you can replenish vaginal moisture with over the counter products, lubricants, or nut oils, nothing will restore the elastic tissue, the blood flow, the thickness of, or the pH of the vagina except prescription estrogen products or a SERM called Osphena. If you were my patient I would ask you to come in for an exam and if the above were confirmed we would discuss treatment options and you would decide which you preferred.
Jill Chambers
I am sorry u reached menopause so early i.e. at age 38. Even without doing blood tests , it means that the ovaries are producing very little estrogen(estradiol)& progesterone . When estrogen(estradiol) is very low,the vaginal wall atrophies and mucus glands disappear which leads to vaginal dryness which makes sex uncomfortable or painful.

Low estrogen can also result in night sweats,hot flashes,and brain dysfunction(memory problems,irritability,depression,and brain fog). So if u want to be young again,u need to correct these hormonal

deficiencies. Most gynecologists still use horse urine hormones. I never do. I only use bio-identical sex hormones for women which are safer . U need a thorough consultation and extensive blood tests that include the entire hormonal profile to take care of u properly and let me emphasize that my mission is not just fixing hormones but it is to help u stay young&healthy for life which is accomplished by focusing on healthy eating,exercise &correcting ALL hormonal deficiencies. If u call me,954-290-3461,I will send u my book,and answer your questions.
Victor Shabanah
There are several reasons why a woman does not get her period (amenorrhea). The first reason is pregnancy, in which case the pregnancy test would be positive. Or breastfeeding. If there is no pregnancy, then other reasons include:

1.Premature ovarian failure

2.Premature menopause

3.Polycystic ovary syndrome

4.Thyroid issues

5.Pituitary tumor

6.Uterine like Asherman syndrome

7.Stress, low body weight, excessive exercise

8.Birth control pills

9.Certain Medications

Your doctor can take a history and do some tests do find out the exact cause of amenorrhea to treat it if necessary
Amos Grunebaum