All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Have not stopped bleeding since I had my overies and tubes removed , why could this be ?

September 3rd I got only my tubes and overies removed . Being brca positive and my mother passing from cancer I choose to . Tho I am still bleeding . I went for my two week checkup and he said the polyp he removed was inflamed , removed scab, nuturlized it and said it would stop in a couple days, it almost did( light pink for a day) then yesterday it came back bright red . I'm going crazy and want it to stop . Is this normal? Do people bleed this long ? I thought I was never going to bleed again.
Poster
  • Female | 34 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
If you are premenopausal and had your ovaries removed, it will drop your progesterone level to zero. This should cause a withdrawal period. I would not worry about it unless it continues. I would think it should stop soon. If you are not sure, call your surgeon.
I did keep my uterus , yet the polyp that was removed was on my uterus . I went into the doctors office and he said it was from that sight . Though he did not do an ultra sound . He removed the scab , did something that he said was nutrulizing it then sent me on my way . That was a week ago and I'm still bleeding . I did call him back and the nurse said he isn't concerned ?! That if I am bleeding for another two weeks to come in . My surgery was lapersopic
Poster
If the uterus wasn't removed with tubes and ovaries and you are having vaginal bleeding then I would recommend an ultrasound. However, if a hysterectomy (the uterus was removed) then it is likely bleeding from the healing scar tissue (granulation tissue) in the vagina and a physical examination and treatment in the office should stop this bleeding.
This is normal healing after a hysterectomy. If it is heavy bleeding , make an appointment to have your doctor take another look. The bleeding may go on for 6 weeks or longer after a hysterectomy.
Kyle A Baker
need ultrasound of the uterus &an exam
Victor Shabanah