All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Short of breath after mild activity

My heart feels like it is racing and my bpm is usually between 90-110 after a shower. When I wake up my bpm is in the 70s. I often feel short of breath and have a headache after showering as well. Other simple activities also make my heart race & cause shortness of breath like putting away groceries, climbing a flight of stairs, or just walking for a few minutes. Any ideas?
Poster
  • Female | 32 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 68
  • Weight: 163lbs
  • Medications: pristiq 100mg, livalo 2mg, low dose monophasic birth control daily
  • Conditions: hypermobile, hypercholesterolemia, depression
  • Hospitalizations: 2 surgeries for recurring sinus/ear infections, tonsillectomy

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Many choices inc anemia (low blood count) hormonal problems like low thyroid, low blood sugar, low cortisone. Blood tests can easily answer that
William Mast
You may need to see your primary care provider to perform a full physical exam and order some basic labs and and well as other diagnostic test such as EKG, and echocardiogram, if the EKG is abnormal.
You need to see the the doctor, please call 281-893-8100 to schedule an appointment.
Anand Balasubramanian
Due to excessive weight and possible metabolic problems, you should probably be switched to another antidepressant that does not cause these symptoms. There are antidepressants that help with weight loss and a weight reduction program might help your symptoms. Pristiq is usually dosed at 50 mg and your high dose may be causing some of the side effects. Without an exam and metabolic tests such as TSH plus hormone levels including DHEA-S , it is not possible to figure out what is wrong.
You may need to see your primary care physician to perform physical exam and order some basic labs and TSH for any anemia or thyroid issues and consider echocardiogram if there is suspicion for heart failure.

You may need to cut down on stimulants and Caffien if you do consume excessive amount.
Ahmad Kaako
You need evaluation as soon as possible.

You need an EKG and complete history and physical examination. You need laboratory evaluation as well. Get evacuated asap.
I agree a fuller history need to be taken from you as well as the appropriate physical examination. The diagnoses will include or exclude heart , lung , kidney , thyroid and blood conditions. Work up might include complete metabolic panel, complete blood count, thyroid screen, holter monitoring, sleep study etc. treatment will depend on the cause. I recommend mind body medicine including breathwork, biofeedback , yoga and meditation .
Your Family Physician will evaluate you for the most likely problem but also the more rare and unlikely. Electrolyte issues, dehydration, respiratory problems and atrial fib are immediately screened on that visit. Labs for thyroid and more unusual issues will be drawn.

Probably a simple answer is most correct.
possible IHD ischemic heart disease.

possible deconditioning.

Consider valve pathology

Tachycardia /arrhythmia
Rachel Maisonneuve