All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Spotting off and on for a month

I am 29 and have had 2 natural live births. After having my second child 5 years ago I had a period every other week for months. I was put on nexplanon and they slowed to spotting once a month. I found out last year I have hypothyroidism. I recently have spotting off and on for a month. I spot for a day is gone then come back the next day. I had a heavy period with a lot of clots a week ago and am now spotting again. What is going on?
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 36 days
  • Medications: sinthroid lithium and lamictal
  • Conditions: Hypothyroidism and bipolar disorder

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Ok...so this is now becoming a chronic issue....please have an ultrasound of the pelvis done, followed by blood works including estradiol, progesterone, prolactin, tsh and fsh....your ob/gyn will help you wit it....stop nexplanon...start taking thyroxin starting with 50 mcg....plz consult your doctors first as i do not have any access to you
DR. ZAAR
Must correct the hypothyroid with one of the thyroid hormone products which ideally should see an endocrinologist. Fixing the thyroid may get your periods back to normal.
Victor Shabanah
If you still have the Nexplanon, I would put my money on that being the cause of this abnormal bleeding.
Kyle A Baker
What you have is called 'Abnormal Uterine Bleeding' and there are multiple possible causes for this. Determining the cause requires a visit to your OBGYN for an exam , bloodwork and possibly a pelvic US. If you are on thyroid hormone replacement you should have your TSH checked as well as a blood count , a prolactin level and a pregnancy test. Your weight and general health, as well as other medications you may be taking are important and will help your OBGYN make a diagnosis , and recommend a treatment plan.
Kyle A Baker