All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

OB wanted me to have a Quanitative hcg blood draw done but not pregnant?

I saw a new Gynecologist yesterday and she ran a urine pregnancy test on me but did not tell me the results. She advised me to stop taking the progesterone pills I take to start my menstrual and said I needed to get a hormone blood work up done. In the work up she wanted me to get a Quantitative HCG done. Why did she want the Quantitative hcg done?? also she said I needed the blood done within 48 hours and wants me to come back in on the 14th for an ultrasound.Could my test have showed pregnant?
Poster
  • Female | 20 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
The answer is probably not. As gynecologists we order a pregnancy test almost always whenever we do any bloodwork , because that is the first thing that should be ruled out. The blood pregnancy test is more sensitive than a urine test and may detect HCG when the urine test is negative.
Kyle A Baker
Yes. HCG hormone comes from the placenta and it rises during the pregnancy. The best medical service is when the physician always explains every thing to the patient. No room for mystery.
Victor Shabanah