All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Gum health

Hello,

I've been on deployment for 6th months and I will freely admit that my teeth cleaning was subpar. I've noticed though that on my front two bottom teeth the in between gum has started to flap off when I brush. How serious is this?
Poster
  • Male | 23 years old
  • Complaint duration: 20 days
  • Medications: No
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Schedule an appointment with your dentist/hygienist asap. Could be the beginning stages of gum disease/infection. If treated early the damage can be reversed without permanent loss of gum and or bone. Your youthful age is in your favor provided you do n ot use tobacco especially smokeless products.
That sounds like pseudo pocketing or actual periodontal pocketing. So it could be gingivitis or periodontal disease.

Have a dentist check it out. If you are near Oxon Hill MD stop by for a complimentary check up. 301-567-9844.

Peter Merai DDS, FAGD.
A professional dental cleaning by a dental hygienist or dentist will quickly take care of your problem. Gums are suppose to be tight around teeth and not flapping away from them. Make an appointment right away for a dental gum assessment.
It seems like you are having gum problems that needs to be checked with your dentist as soon as possible, before further complications arise. I would recommend you make an appointment with your good dentist, and keep the area clean, use salt water rinses and do not irritate the area.

Avoid using alcoholic mouth washes, since possibly they can slough out the outer layer of your gums ( the epithelial layer, whitish superficial layer), I have seen that happening with listerine mouth wash.

Best of Luck to you.
I would try and see a dentist. When the gum moves away it can be caused by a number of issues. Sometimes the frenulum or muscle attachment pulls on this tissue when you eat or move the facial muscles. Another cause can be periodontal disease or just plain traumatizing the area by brushing too hard
Very. Schedule an appointment ASAP. This could be a wake up call to get you teeth cleaned, a vitamin deficiency or a serious infection.
This is significant. Most likely there is a bridge of calculus across the roots of your front teeth and the gums have been displaced or pushed away from the teeth. The solution is very simple. All the calculus can be removed by a hygienist with the help of local anesthetic. The gums will heal, firm up, and readapt to the teeth very quickly. Your dentist may wish to add a Rx for antibiotic also, with this treatment. But, do it today.
Ernest A. Gailiunas
This requires immediate attention. Gums are supposed to be tight against the teeth, not flapping away from them. Hopefully there hasn't been too much bone loss and this problem can be fairly easy to correct.
Schedule an appointment with your Dentist/Periodontist asap. Could be the beginning stages of gum disease/infection. If treated early the damage can be reversed. Your youthful age is in your favor. But save yourself years of disease....
Duff Kaster
It is probably not serious, but it needs attention by a dentist. I assume it is a gingivitis (inflamation of the gums) and will respond very well to a professional dental cleaning. If it is more involved than that the dentist should be able to treat it.
Michael Stein