All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Does this look like an std?

I recently had u protected sex with an ex girlfriend two weeks ago. I just noticed 3 spots on my penis and am worried it might be an std. I feel weird asking my normal doctor about this and prefer the anonymous approach. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Theres no pain associated with them. I do believe I have jock itch though. I sit in a hot truck 8 hours a day. Would that cause these spots? They are mainly flat but raised slightly. First time I have had sex in 6 months
Poster
  • Male | 28 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: Possibly jock itch

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
It's hard to say from the picture you provided. If it is painful, it could certainly be herpes. If it doesn't hurt, then it could be a papilloma which is another term for wart. It should be checked out. In addition, exercising safe sex options such as the use of condoms can protect you in the future from STDs
Really can't tell from the photo. Your Doctor is there to help not to judge. They will protect your privacy. Let someone exam you who knows you, better to have the whole picture from your regular doc, then some anonymous doc who sees you in a clinic.
The picture is not adequate and you could have venereal warts or herpes, both of which are difficult to distinguish. If you are embarrassed to talk about this with your doctor go to an STD clinic where you will remain anonymous until your sexual contacts have to be notified if you have an STD.