All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

unknown bumps

I am a 16 year old female and I shave my pubic hair about twice a month but recently I discovered three pimple like bumps that are hard and red that look like their filled with something and it hurts what do I do??
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 14 days
  • Medications: N/A
  • Conditions: N/A

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Not uncommon when shaving in the pubic area. Pubic hair is a dry lubricant and therefore there arr many oil glands associated with the hair follicles in this area. You may have a case of folliculitis if these bumps are warm or tender to the touch. If no then they just be follicular pores that have been blocked and the sebum ( oil) is trapped leading to the "bumps" you mentioned. You may need to proceed with warm compresses 3-4 times a day and add an antibiotic. Do not squeeze them as you could make it worse and get and abscess.
Joseph A. Pineda
This is probably a folliculitis ( infection of the hair follicle) I would treat you with an oral antibiotic for 7-10 days. It would also help to use a moist warm compress to help bring these "bumps" to a head so they can drain. Please do not squeeze them because that can make things worse. Good luck.
These are very common

after shaving. Best to

be checked and treated.
It is like pimples on the face. There are bad bacteria on the skin and any time there is a favorable condition for them then they will cause an infection. So this can happen due to hormones so certain time of the menstrual cycle or if u are run down such as from not getting enough sleep,or a food allergy etc…

U can put warm compresses on that area twice a day to speed the process until they break and the pus is discharged. If u touch the area then u must wash your hands with soap so u don't spread the germs to other areas.
Victor Shabanah