All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Vaginal boil

I would like to know if putting neosporin on a vaginal boil or ingrown hair would irritate it more than it is already. I have already tried to pop it some yellowish white pus came out but thats it the lump is still here. I'm just curious on the approximate time this takes to heal up. And Any home remedies I could use would be helpful because I cannot go to the hospital. Also should I refrain from having sex or masturbating?
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

7 UpVoted this answer
These boils are the result of 2 factors.

1. Excess acidity in your body, and

2. Hormonal disturbance associated with sexual urges.

The cure can be done only by removing the causes of the problem.

a. Take a bowl of raw vegetable salad for lunch without any salt, lime or dressing. Take plenty of fresh coconut gratings, tomatoes, and cilantro leaves as dressing for your salad which should comprise of any two vegetables (like - carrots with cabbage - both grated, cucumber with lettuce, cauliflower with bell pepper, broccoli with radish, and zuccini with moong bean sprouts and spinach leaves.

In the privacy of your bed room, expose your vagina to direct sunlight for a short time and follow it by applying a spoon of cilantro leaves paste over the boils and leave it wrapped with a wet cloth for 45 minutes. Then wash and clean the spot. In a week's time you will get healed.
Arun Sharma
7 UpVoted this answer
Bring the boil to a head, with alternating hot & cold water treatments, to remove all remaining pus and eliminate your "vaginal boil" altogether...GOD Bless...Amen??!!!
7 UpVoted this answer
You didn't get all of it out -- the yellowish white pus -- if the lump is still there. It would take a few days to calm down, so make sure you've given it enough time. Best to pop it again in a few days and make sure you got all the pus out. As Dr. Wetzel suggested, I would take a bath with epsom salts. Throw in 1 cup of epsom salts just before you get into the tub. It will help clean it up. I would refrain from sex until it heals up. You don't have to, but better to be safe than have it more irritated. Make sure you do not have any disease(s) that may have made this occur to begin with. If you're positive you do not have any of that, I would take steps to clean up the blood in the body by using Chlorophyll -- via liquid in water or via capsules--use World Organics liquid chlorophyll (the darker the green color, the more chlorophyll you are getting). Comes in a mint flavor, so makes it go down a lot easier. The epsom salts should do the trick and it should heal up nicely. Stay in the tub for 20 minutes. Good luck.
7 UpVoted this answer
I don't think Neosporin will hurt, but the problem is we don't know what the underlying condition is- it can be at least four different things. I don't think you should have sex until you get an STD panel. Masturbation will not do any harm unless it is painful. It could be: infected ingrown hair, impacted nebothian cyst, syphilis chancre, herpes lesion come to mind.
Sally B. Boyd
5 UpVoted this answer
A boil is a sign of toxicity. You might try a sitz bath with Epsom salts.
3 UpVoted this answer
neosporin or any other sensitive antibiotic could help with healing, but you need to find out if there's a UTI involved.

having sex could most likely create more trouble, than the other one.

best
3 UpVoted this answer
Red Clover tea usually purges the blood and clears up any skin conditions. You may want to cleanse the area with hyssop essential oil diluted with water. The homeopathic remedy natrum carbonicum is also helpful in treating skin infections in the genital region. A poultice of minced garlic, aspirin crushed and castor oil will also help to alleviate pain an inflammation in the area.
Margaret Bailey
2 UpVoted this answer
If it is already leaking pus then it needs to be completely evacuated so u may need to see a doctor. But if it is hard,then antibiotics may help. In mean time,any thing that goes into the vagina will only cause more of a problem.
Victor Shabanah
2 UpVoted this answer
Boils can be treated naturally. Because of its ugly look, we always try to find multiple solutions to get rid of it fast. To cure a boil, antibiotics can be a solution. But, for every problem, we can’t just rely on antibiotics. Apart from it, most of people try to lance a boil, apply some boil removing cream, apply a boil ointment, or wait for its automatic bursting out process. Now the question is what to do for a boil? It is simple; instead of damaging your skin, try some home remedies to cure boils instantly. Here are some natural home remedies for the treatment of boils.

Turmeric can also be used with fresh ginger. Make a paste of fresh ginger and turmeric, and apply it directly on the boil.

Cornmeal is a natural absorbent and very effective for healing boils. Boil half cup of water and put some cornmeal in it to make a thick paste. Apply the paste directly on the boil and cover it with a clean cloth. Until the pus drains out, repeat the process multiple times a day.

Its advisable to avoid sex until the boil is healed.
FRANCIS ADALBERT RAGEL